Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear man. Easy fix though, no post in the thread no personal help from you. They are still welcome to post it to the public, but if they want 1 on 1 help, then the "cost", because honestly that would be hundreds of dollars, is at least to post in the reliability thread. Now getting them to update might be another fight.
Well I'm kind of doing that as far as reading datalogs. In other words, starting a couple weeks ago I only check out datalogs from people in the thread.

As far as somebody new to tuning privately messaging me, I still try to help and I do ask them to think about posting in the thread. Again, most don't.

I know why this all frustates me. I like to help others and mistakenly think most others are that way too. But realistically, that's not 2021, for good or bad. I just have to get real and accept that most people aren't here to help the community or improve our tuning knowledge base.

I'll just try to patiently wait for people to add their cars instead of promoting the thread so much. What's tricky is that a lot of people don't know the thread exists so not posting links here and there will probably mean even less activity. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The a$$hole population is growing.

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
People just suck man. Don’t beat yourself over it. I appreciate all you’ve done on your personal time and I’m sure a lot of others appreciate all your hard work. I read through your tuning reliability thread and there is a lot of useful information on there. If I could buy you a beer or two I would.

My car is not tuned yet but because of that reliability thread I will pull the trigger on a k tuner before Christmas. I’m excited as I’ve only done cosmetic things to my car. I still have some questions regarding tuning but I’ll ask them once I get my k tuner down the road.

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
People just suck man. Don’t beat yourself over it. I appreciate all you’ve done on your personal time and I’m sure a lot of others appreciate all your hard work. I read through your tuning reliability thread and there is a lot of useful information on there. If I could buy you a beer or two I would.

My car is not tuned yet but because of that reliability thread I will pull the trigger on a k tuner before Christmas. I’m excited as I’ve only done cosmetic things to my car. I still have some questions regarding tuning but I’ll ask them once I get my k tuner down the road.
Lol exact same here, just waiting for any kind of sale on ktuner v1.2 (hopefully around black Friday or Christmas).
Maybe people don't add their things to the thread because they don't assume that their individual inputs are valuable? I mean that in a way of like they don't think them doing it will change anything because it's just their tiny bit of data in comparison to the hundreds that are already there. Kinda like a bystander effect thing? Personally, I don't see how if someone has time to browse here and post about things why they wouldn't have a few minutes to make a post on the reliability thread, especially if it helps others and grows the tuned community.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe people don't add their things to the thread because they don't assume that their individual inputs are valuable? I mean that in a way of like they don't think them doing it will change anything because it's just their tiny bit of data in comparison to the hundreds that are already there.
I hope that people don't feel that way cause it's the opposite of what I think. EVERY car added, EVERY tuning experience written, EVERY issue noted all make a big contribution to the community.

I'd kind of like to think the Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread is something that helps make CivicX one of those really good online car communities.

And the only way it gets better and more useful is for more people to add their car and add updates.

In a way, I wish all those tuned owners who haven't added their cars would just do it so I wouldn't need to make these posts. :D These posts may come across as "complaining" when in reality, I'm just reaching out in the hope they'll change their mind and help out.

Last edited:

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I hope that people don't feel that way cause it's the opposite of what I think. EVERY car added, EVERY tuning experience written, EVERY issue noted all make a big contribution to the community.

I'd kind of like to think the Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread is sonething that helps make CivicX one of those really good online car communities.
I really hope so too yeah as going through people's responses and the data you presented is what made me actually comfortable with the idea of tuning my car despite it being a CVT.

I saw you made a post at one point asking the mods to put the reliability thread somewhere more visible, did they ever follow up on that?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope so too yeah as going through people's responses and the data you presented is what made me actually comfortable with the idea of tuning my car despite it being a CVT.

I saw you made a post at one point asking the mods to put the reliability thread somewhere more visible, did they ever follow up on that?
I actually asked twice and no they never followed up with a reply.

Still though, I think that a "Featured Topics" page would be a cool addition to the forum whether my thread was featured or not.

Last edited:

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
Been watching your Tuning thread for the last few months, but didn't have a tune until JUST a little while ago. I've already posted in the thread!!

-bob

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been watching your Tuning thread for the last few months, but didn't have a tune until JUST a little while ago. I've already posted in the thread!!

-bob
Thanks. Great car, btw.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com