Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 10th Gen
Country flag
A lot of cars like the tesla and the camry xse have this two tone top and bottom design and I thought it be interesting to see how it would look on a civic. Add some black wrap on top and this design will be an easy and inexpensive way to separate your car from the other thousands of civics.

To compliment this look even more, tint the windows to blend the top together.

What do you guys think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Two Tone Color Civic Hatchback Design Type R Two Tone 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Two Tone Color Civic Hatchback Design Type R Two Tone

Honda Civic 10th gen Two Tone Color Civic Hatchback Design Civic 2 Tone

Honda Civic 10th gen Two Tone Color Civic Hatchback Design Civic 2 Tone 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Two Tone Color Civic Hatchback Design 2019_toyota_camry_xse-v6_014_pbn_t

Honda Civic 10th gen Two Tone Color Civic Hatchback Design 348-3482889_2019-toyota-camry-white-2019-toyota-camry-xse

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Black roof wraps look great. Don't at all like the top of the window trim or extending down to the hatch.

OP
OP

Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Black roof wraps look great. Don't at all like the top of the window trim or extending down to the hatch.
Thanks for the feedback, Im just mimicking the designs of like a camry xse.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback, Im just mimicking the designs of like a camry xse.
One of my clients requested this for his Civic Sedan. I did a photoshop mock up like yours. (good job on your render) I do love the way it looks on the Camry Sedan. I'm not sure it would work on the Hatch.

The segmented lines might have to be altered for it to work...

OP
OP

Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of my clients requested this for his Civic Sedan. I did a photoshop mock up like yours. (good job on your render) I do love the way it looks on the Camry Sedan. I'm not sure it would work on the Hatch.

The segmented lines might have to be altered for it to work...
Thank you, and I would love to see how the civic sedan turned out.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you, and I would love to see how the civic sedan turned out.
He didn't go with it yet, working on other projects. He did altho Satin Blacked out his roof

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
IMO, I think having the black end right at the base of the pillar below the window makes it look a little too "wanna be a convertible".

That being said it's also not half-bad. Perhaps a more dramatic cutoff for the black? Also, not sure how it'll look in person as the plastic trim is matte and might not blend well being next to the vinyl if you choose it to be glossy. Might be too jarring of a difference with two different blacks contrasted with the white.

I just did the roof wrap on my PWP Si, and I think it's decently sporty without being over the top.

OP
OP

Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO, I think having the black end right at the base of the pillar below the window makes it look a little too "wanna be a convertible".

That being said it's also not half-bad. Perhaps a more dramatic cutoff for the black? Also, not sure how it'll look in person as the plastic trim is matte and might not blend well being next to the vinyl if you choose it to be glossy. Might be too jarring of a difference with two different blacks contrasted with the white.

I just did the roof wrap on my PWP Si, and I think it's decently sporty without being over the top.
Yeah it would be hard to tell unless its done in person. If I had a white car, Id definitely play around with it since a roll of wrap will cost no more than $50. Hopefully someone tries this out and shows us.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw this in the morning and keep thinking about it. I'm actually about to wrap my roof, hood and hatch. But I really like this... I may try to do this. If I do, I will for sure post the results here!

Worst case, it is going to have to be multiple pieces anyways so I will pull off the pieces I don't like and just leave roof hood and hatch. But I really like how the roof black comes down to meet the windows (or rain guards in my case) and then in the back. I think I may add a small piece to tie the black on the hood to the corner of the front window to make a straight line.... We shall see!

OP
OP

Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I saw this in the morning and keep thinking about it. I'm actually about to wrap my roof, hood and hatch. But I really like this... I may try to do this. If I do, I will for sure post the results here!

Worst case, it is going to have to be multiple pieces anyways so I will pull off the pieces I don't like and just leave roof hood and hatch. But I really like how the roof black comes down to meet the windows (or rain guards in my case) and then in the back. I think I may add a small piece to tie the black on the hood to the corner of the front window to make a straight line.... We shall see!
Agree, if it doesn't look good you could always peel pieces and leave the roof black like the others mentioned.
Thank you and please update us!

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am about to do the hood, roof, door handles, fuel door and mirror caps myself. Like others on this post have said, I think going outside the weather stripping on the roof, looks a bit out of place.

I'll post when mine is done.
Sponsored