SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Where do I pull data logs from?

I've never used that feature because I've never had any problems or reason to.

Advertisement

dc2turbo

Reaction score
Car(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Where do I pull data logs from?

I've never used that feature because I've never had any problems or reason to.
You should always datalog while racing or trying a new tune.
You have to tell it to datalog or set up to auto datalog

OP
SI-Raw

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Not sure if it matters but when I purchased my Ktuner with the Stage 1 TSP , I flashed my car with the 23 psi base map and my car felt almost the same as factory if not worse to a point where I was thinking about returning the entire unit for a refund. Then I got the stage 1 tune by email and uploaded it to my car and it was a HUGE difference, power delivery was improved , torque feels stronger, rev hang gone, and overall it was just as I was expecting. But it is weird that the opposite happened to you. Maybe others can chime in with some of their experiences with this stage 1 tune?

This is exactly why I purchased it. Because of testimonials like yours. I expected a big improvement over the Base Maps. But clearly, my car is not running right with this Map.

However, it runs great with zero issues using the Ktuner Base maps. Granted, I have everything turned up, Boost Ramp Rate, Turbo Responsiveness, Early Spool etc...

That's a major draw back with he TSP Map, none of these options are available I feel it really needs them.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Interesting, the 100 octane where I can buy it is always leaded, which is horrible for our cars, not as bad if you have the Cat removed:) As for your mph and trap speed, I experienced similar with my Vit Stg1 over my STOCK non ktuner. Fastest Stock was 14.5 at 94 and I repeated it 4 times. With the Vit best I could get was 14.8 at 92, Ktuner base 23 I got my mph back to 94 but never faster than a 14.6. I know the car is faster and haven't been back since I did the TSP and Cobra Race setup, but the car pulls harder than any other setup I have ran!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Reaction score
Car(s)
         '18 Si Coupe     '19 Si Sedan   '00 Civic Si    '00 LSV Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is exactly why I purchased it. Because of testimonials like yours. I expected a big improvement over the Base Maps. But clearly, my car is not running right with this Map.

However, it runs great with zero issues using the Ktuner Base maps. Granted, I have everything turned up, Boost Ramp Rate, Turbo Responsiveness, Early Spool etc...

That's a major draw back with he TSP Map, none of these options are available I feel it really needs them.
Those options are already enabled on the TSP map. The map is locked down so nobody can edit/tinker with it and that's why you don't see the options available. I've been running the TSP Tune for a month now and love it. Very noticeable increase in power, throttle response, early spooling, etc. I think the next logical step is to see your data logs and find out what exactly is going on. There's a lot of people here running the TSP Stage 1 Tune and you're the first that I've noticed having this issue. So let's try and find out why. :headbang:

Micah

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Custom tunes rarely have all the options available. I'd like to see them open up some more options on the TSP Stage 1 map, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

So far as a refund.....the page does state "...digitally delivered items are non-refundable..." so you may be SOL. Even if they were to consider it they definitely are going to want datalogs as proof of what you are describing.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on...ndow.htm?ms=AgEAGAQ=&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

Good luck and I hope you get things straightened out soon.

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I read somewhere that another member had an issue with his stage1 tune and he tried re flashing his ECU , re filled his tank with 91 octane and added a bottle of injector cleaner, and that resolved his issue. Either way I agree with everybody else you need to look at the datalogs and go from there. Good luck bud!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the TSP Stage 1 being noticably more powerful than 23# basemap camp, especially when pulling from 4000 RPM to redline.

Good luck with it getting sorted out. When it is, I do think it'll improve your numbers over the basemap. I've been hoping to see some 1/4 mile times. Between this one and another one where the guy was essentially matching the 23# times, I haven't seen anything to quantify the improvement. I'd like to think, at least with summer tires, it'd make an Si a sub-14.5 sec car with ease.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
If I recall our phone conversation correctly, you told me that you were not sure if you had flashed the map correctly and were not hitting the boost targets. I encouraged you to try again, and never heard back. The next step forward would be to have you send in a 3rd gear WOT pull datalog for review. It is critical that you are using map slot 3 and sport mode for this test. (We include details on map switching on our instructions page.)

This is not an issue anyone else has reported but we are happy to help investigate the matter.

If you are having knock control issues, you should NOT perform this test. In that case, I'd recommend going back to the factory calibration and doing some careful testing with it.

OP
SI-Raw

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
How do you recommend I go about performing a data log test while my Knock Control issues immediately start once flashed with your tune?

I've been driving around on my 23PSI basemap since last night and haven't been able to see anything higher than 0.62 with WOT pulls back to back. Once I go to the TSP Stage 1 Tune they shoot up.

BTW, our phone conversation wasn't exactly me being sure whether or not I flashed the map correctly. My exact words were, "All 3 Maps felt the same" and I was concerned that I was given a "Street Tune" in Slot #1 and #3 by mistake.

OP
SI-Raw

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
BTW, here is a quick Video for reference. I realize it's quite shaky and blurry. But if you look at the far left bottm gauge on my Head Unit you can see how Knock Control shoots up from 0.59 to 0.96 in 3rd Gear alone.

Micah

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Enable data logging. (RTFM err online documentation for your tuning device). Flash the stock calibration, drive easy, drive moderate. Flash the 23 psi calibration, drive easy, drive moderate. Flash the TSP Stage 1, drive easy, drive moderate. Now compare the data log results. Email the datalogs for all 3 calibrations to TSP so that they have what they need to provide support.

$0.02

LoneStarFlatLanders

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
While I haven't experienced these exact issues, I too am disappointed with the TSP Stage1 tune. The "feel" of the 23psi KTuner basemap feels faster and more responsive. I do get to 24+ boost on the TSP Stage 1 tune, though.

I have a dyno appointment setup on Saturday morning to compare the TSP Stage1 and KTuner 23psi tune. I'll post my results when I have them.

"Feel" is really hard to judge.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Touring
Interesting, the 100 octane where I can buy it is always leaded, which is horrible for our cars, not as bad if you have the Cat removed:) As for your mph and trap speed, I experienced similar with my Vit Stg1 over my STOCK non ktuner. Fastest Stock was 14.5 at 94 and I repeated it 4 times. With the Vit best I could get was 14.8 at 92, Ktuner base 23 I got my mph back to 94 but never faster than a 14.6. I know the car is faster and haven't been back since I did the TSP and Cobra Race setup, but the car pulls harder than any other setup I have ran!
Bingo, Vits tune is crap. My best friend has this on Si and the mph and e.t is not great to say the least. He is ditching it and going Ktuner 23psi tune also.

I have zero experience with TSP but I am tuned and i don't think .96 is safe at IMO.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my humble opinion, it appears that this issue is relatively isolated to the OP’s issue with the specific tune he received from @Two Step Performance . I personally recommend that the forum mediator @360glitch shut this thread down so the two parties can work out the issue over the phone or email, and not on a public forum. As far as VIT, he is not on here to defend himself, I’m guessing, but it’s only fair to give a tuner or other business owner or representative the full opportunity to make the situation right, once all the facts and circumstances have been clearly identified.