OP
GlahdoSI

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Often, these are alarms or anti-theft devices and not necessarily tracking devices. Tracking devices should not be activated unless the customer agrees to and pays for the monitoring service, although the hardware may be present.

Many vehicles these days (including several Honda models) include hardware from the factory that is capable of tracking the vehicle as part of the infotainment system, but the tracking feature must be active and the vehicle can only be tracked by the owner and/or law enforcement.
Understandable tried calling this dealership over 5 times and cannot get ahold of anyone they pick up the phone put it on hold and hang up I’m getting really irritated and I want this shit out of my car
Sponsored

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Understandable tried calling this dealership over 5 times and cannot get ahold of anyone they pick up the phone put it on hold and hang up I’m getting really irritated and I want this shit out of my car
You might want to try physically visiting the dealer and asking them in person. While also complaining loudly near any potential customers.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard of 'buy here pay here' style used car dealers putting trackers on what they sell, but a new Honda? That's messed up.
Just an thought. I wonder if maybe this dealer uses the trackers for new car inventory on their lot to track them if they're stolen? Maybe they forgot to remove it before the OP took delivery?
Sponsored