Two Dashcams

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 2003 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hi all! I bought an Aukey dashcam that has worked wonderfully. I want to get one for the rear. I don't really want one that has both front and rear view combined, so my plan is to get a second Aukey (same as the first) and plug it in to the other USB port in the front.

My question is, will this give me any issues? The plan is to run the wire to the back and mount it somehow back there. I have had some close calls with tailgaters recently and I think it's time to put something back there. Will I have enough power via both those USB slots to power both? Are there any drawbacks? Also, I have a hatchback. Any tips would be appreciated if someone else has gone this route.

The cam I have is "AUKEY Dash Cam FHD 1080p Car Camera Supercapacitor 170 Degree 6-Lane Wide Angle Lens Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR and Motion Dection" (I'd link it but the amazon listing is no longer there)
Sponsored

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Just get a fuse tap and hardwire the dashcams.

Hardest part is getting the cables thru the wire boot in the hatch.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
What model Aukey is it? I've been trying to find a new dash cam since my Viofo one keeps acting up during cold weather.
Sponsored