First Name
Brandon Ridley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi,

I’m wanting to change my stock exhaust tips from the 3 to 2, can this be done without getting a new muffler?

Trying to figure out the best way to do it?

I’ll put a photo in of how I want it to look.

Thanks,
Brandon
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hi,

I’m wanting to change my stock exhaust tips from the 3 to 2, can this be done without getting a new muffler?

Trying to figure out the best way to do it?

I’ll put a photo in of how I want it to look.

Thanks,
Brandon
Realistically if you have the time, money, and/or manpower, anything is possible. You'd need to alter the exhaust quite a bit just to get the look you're after. I would be very surprised if anyone has done this before.

Honestly, it might be much easier to just get the HKS exhaust you pictured. Though that exhaust does run you around 1100 new; it's pricey, but on the lower-end for FK8 exhaust systems. Most owners say that it's one of the tamer exhaust systems out there.

OP
OP

Brandon2696

First Name
Brandon Ridley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Realistically if you have the time, money, and/or manpower, anything is possible. You'd need to alter the exhaust quite a bit just to get the look you're after. I would be very surprised if anyone has done this before.

Honestly, it might be much easier to just get the HKS exhaust you pictured. Though that exhaust does run you around 1100 new; it's pricey, but on the lower-end for FK8 exhaust systems. Most owners say that it's one of the tamer exhaust systems out there.
The whole point of me asking the question really is to find a cheap route, otherwise I would just buy the HKS Legamax exhaust. Just didn’t know whether anyone had a custom exhaust made from the muffler back or just the tail pipes.

Brooksumw89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GTI
Country flag
I’ve actually considered chopping off the whole back section and moving to dual burnt titanium tips. I’d leave both stock resonators upstream. Anybody have a guess how that would sound?

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
For those that don’t know, the middle muffler isn’t connected to the middle tip. The middle tip is there to hide the middle muffler. So you can easily cut the 3 tips and weld in 2.

OP, if you’re on a budget, the Greddy SP is the cheapest exhaust out there, and it comes with 2 tips. It’s like $600.