Tweeter connectors? - adapter harness to factory tweeter wire?

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
I know there's the Metra 72-7800 for the door/deck speakers but are there any connector harnesses on the market for our tweeters??

I've just recently picked up a Line Out Converter, the Audio Control LC8i and a Four.1i In Dash for bass adjustments and want to swap out the factory door speakers+tweeters and add my 10" sub plus amps for the lot.

I don't want to cut any of the factory wires but could tap into them if I have to but ideally someone out there makes an exact connection harness adapter for our tweeter wiring similar to the Metra 72-7800??

I have the factory 180 watt 8 speaker system in my Hatchback LX (Canadian) with the 7" infotainment which doesn't have an auxiliary port from factory but the LC8i has an Aux input so once it's installed and tied into all speakers and sub, I'll be able to connect any audio source through a 3.5mm jack and keep the factory head unit.
I haven't started any of the install as I'm slowly but surely adding all the pieces to this puzzle and then will put it all together once everything is in hand.
Damn it tho, good audio equip ain't cheap!
Sponsored

Mike42dk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T 2018 sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have looked all over and never found a harness for the tweeter!!
But when I finally decided to replace my speakers (I have 8 speaker setup) I chose to get a Hertz set (speaker, tweeter and crossover filter) and I ended up connecting the crossover to the speaker wire plug (coming from the head unit) with a harness for the speaker, as the wires going to the speaker and tweeter are 1 pair (in 8 speaker setup).
From the crossover, I connected the wires directly to the speaker and tweeter.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I just bought an extra set of OEM tweeters and cut the connectors off of them. They're only like $16/each, so not that much more than a harness would have cost if one was available.

Not quite as nice as a proper harness, but better than cutting the factory wires.

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I just cut and soldered the front tweeters.

The rear will be more tricky, since the rear deck can't come back out if the tweeters are soldered. I'll either be making my own out of the factory tweeters or soldering some other connectors on the factory wiring.

I am disappointed there is no tweeter adapter on the market, just as I am disappointed there is no coupe rear speaker bracket.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
The tweeter connection off of some older hondas are the same. I got tweeters from a junkyard '13 Accord I believe and made my own harness from that.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I use the front door speaker wire to the crossover, which has a woofer/tweeter output.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I use the front door speaker wire to the crossover, which has a woofer/tweeter output.
Sadly you wouldn’t be getting the entire correct range for the tweeter by doing this with the factory radio/amplifier.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I fed everything into a DSP then out to each crossover to doors.

However without a DSP, I think I would trust the crossover more than the radio output for sure.