tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
SO get this.... Everytime I do a hard pull with the AC turned on, the next time I need to turn the AC "on" in the climate menu. So I BELIEVE it actually does shut off the AC. However, the blower is still running so maybe that is what robs power.
No the blower motor fan doesn't rob any power. And like was said, the A/C compressor has a clutch and when you floor it the stator disengages the clutch so the compressor is not robbing any power. Turning the a/c off and on is pointless and wont make the car any quicker.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
No the blower motor fan doesn't rob any power. And like was said, the A/C compressor has a clutch and when you floor it the stator disengages the clutch so the compressor is not robbing any power. Turning the a/c off and on is pointless and wont make the car any quicker.
That's interesting. I wonder at what throttle position you need to be at for it to shut off. If it's 100%, then it definitely doesn't shut off for me in 1st or 2nd as you really can't do 100% without hopping/spinning the front wheels.

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's interesting. I wonder at what throttle position you need to be at for it to shut off. If it's 100%, then it definitely doesn't shut off for me in 1st or 2nd as you really can't do 100% without hopping/spinning the front wheels.
To me, it seems very close to 100% as my AC never really shuts off unless I'm full throttling at highway speeds, and it's usually only after a few seconds of full throttle.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
So if it doesn't turn off in 1st or 2nd because you're not flooring it because you have too much power to use, what's the point in turning it off to get even more power?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So if it doesn't turn off in 1st or 2nd because you're not flooring it because you have too much power to use, what's the point in turning it off to get even more power?
That's true as well.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
All I know is to turn the fun at full speed and set temp at max you get more one lap before overheat at track. But you will overheat 1 lap faster on yourself.?

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It made a difference years ago, on my 1988 Dodge Aries, especially going up a steep hill, but I am sure things have changed greatly since then. A car is probably smart enough to disengage the a/c clutch under a load. You could feel the difference when you took the load off, but hey the car was probably what 85 Horsepower?

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Anything connected to the crank robs (distributes) power. That's why I cut off the serpentine belt
lololol jk

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Anyone know a method to disable the AC cut at WOT?

As it's buried in the PCM I'm guessing it's impossible without some kind of reprogramming - I quite like the cool air, and given I'm making more power than standard anyway the compressor is welcome to a few HP.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Lots of “feelings” and “thoughts” in here that go against proven facts
Sponsored