Turn signal led bulbs?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! I will reconsider my decision :)
Thanks! I will reconsider my decision :)
You'll love them. More energy efficient and supposed to last for as long as you own your car. Popping the trunk was the scary part. Loud popping sound made me think I broke something. If you have any question about how to remove the taillight housing, we're here for ya. Best of luck.
Sponsored

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
You'll love them. More energy efficient and supposed to last for as long as you own your car. Popping the trunk was the scary part. Loud popping sound made me think I broke something. If you have any question about how to remove the taillight housing, we're here for ya. Best of luck.
Thank you. I am aware about opening the tail lights as i have already replaced the rear brake lamps with philips red led lights :)

I just have the turn signals left to be made LED
Even i have changed the interior and trunk lights to led

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
As you know the led bulb does not control the flashing as it does not have it's own much resistance, it's the load resistor which controls the flashing and in case the led bulb stops working, the load resistor will keep the flashing indicator flashing properly. The driver won't be able to know if the bulb is working properly or not unless he steps out and sees it. In case of the traditional bulb, if it blows out then the turn signals with hyperflash indicating that bulb has fused.
I am not sure about the design of the bulbs. If the leds inside the bulb are connected using serial connection or parallel connection. In case on serial connection, if one led fails then the whole leds would fail. If the connections are parallel and if one led fails the other leds will keep on working.

As per their website, they stated the following:
"We have conducted a one year long test base on a 2013 Scion FR-S, a 2010 Nissan 370Z and a 2014 Lexus IS350 for these LED turn signal lights. Everything works great, no hyper flash, no warning error message and there is no need to modify the wire and add extra load resistors!"

I think they have done their research and built the quality product. I hope it will keep on working for long time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I painted my bulbs with high temperature silver spray paint, i posted the pictures in my journal page! I will test them for some time and later decide weather to keep them or buy LEDs

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I painted my bulbs with high temperature silver spray paint, i posted the pictures in my journal page! I will test them for some time and later decide weather to keep them or buy LEDs
What's the benefit for silver spray paint?

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's the benefit for silver spray paint?
It's the cheapest way to hide the orange glow in the reflector. Probably not the best but it does the job ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? light

bhead9318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
It's the cheapest way to hide the orange glow in the reflector. Probably not the best but it does the job ;)

light.jpg
CivicChina is right, a $5 spray can of silver paint is significantly cheaper then the $65 OEM clear markers!

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
I know alot of people are swapping their bulbs out for LEDs, but I don't understand it myself. Nothing wrong with it of course, but out of all the cars I've owned in the past 22 years, I might have had to change 2 or 3 bulbs. Now, I will say that I've changed my dome and map lights over to LED, but that's only because I accidentally leave one on every once in a while.

kdog1995

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
I have an issue with my front and rear LED turn signal bulbs. I am using 7440 size LED's (I'll leave a link at the bottom so y'all know what they look like). Anyways, I have already installed all 4 bulbs and I have spliced in some resistors in the back and they blink normal......at least when the car is off and running on battery. However, when I turn on the car and use my turn signals, they decide to hyperflash. Sometimes they will go back to normal and then almost immediately got back to hyperflash.

So, my theory is that I might need to install the other 2 resistors I have lying in wait. Any thoughts on this? This is my first time installing LEDs all the way around, rather than just in the rear. I have gone 98% LED throughout the entire car. Only thing left are the interior bulbs and my high beams.

The LEDs I have in now:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGRGSH6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (These are the brightest LEDs I have ever purchased)

And these as my low beam (H11 30W):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2XPKNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Also very pleased with quality and brightness)

My stop lights:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-7443...=1473288277&sr=1-1&keywords=phillips+7443+led (extremely bright; used to run the 3157 version in my 12 Focus)

And my reverse lights:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Brig...3288335&sr=1-1&keywords=phillips+921+led+bulb (very, VERY bright)

I can upload a video/pictures if anyone wants.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Has anyone not with a Touring tried the iJDMTOY LEDs in the front turn signals? Loving the way they look on the back but would want to do the fronts too, but not sure if it's the same bulb style, if there's room to securely hide the relay box, and if the field of light works out.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It's the same 7440 sockets but I actually took mine out. They don't utilize the reflector housing properly so during the day, they're not as 'bright' as they need to be despite having the instant rise time and at night, the bulb is focused in the outward direction so it just blinds people behind me.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
CivicChina is right, a $5 spray can of silver paint is significantly cheaper then the $65 OEM clear markers!
That's to "mask" the orange-ish glow for anything inside a clear reflector housing.

The clear markers are different because in NA they're made of actual orange plastic. Two different things here.

I have an issue with my front and rear LED turn signal bulbs. I am using 7440 size LED's (I'll leave a link at the bottom so y'all know what they look like). Anyways, I have already installed all 4 bulbs and I have spliced in some resistors in the back and they blink normal......at least when the car is off and running on battery. However, when I turn on the car and use my turn signals, they decide to hyperflash. Sometimes they will go back to normal and then almost immediately got back to hyperflash.

So, my theory is that I might need to install the other 2 resistors I have lying in wait. Any thoughts on this? This is my first time installing LEDs all the way around, rather than just in the rear. I have gone 98% LED throughout the entire car. Only thing left are the interior bulbs and my high beams.
I can upload a video/pictures if anyone wants.
If they're intermittently switching between regular and hyperflash, it's almost certainly a bad load resistor. How did you wire the resistors? What's their resistance rating? Were they 30 cents each, or are they decent quality?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Take them outside on a nice bright sunny day and tell me if they're adequate or not. Probably not lol

MarkP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take them outside on a nice bright sunny day and tell me if they're adequate or not. Probably not lol
Hahaha! In the end I installed back the halogens! :banghead::rofl:
Sponsored