Turn signal led bulbs?

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I'm thinking of switching the brake lights back to halogens myself. I've had a few people tell me the brake lights are too hard to see in the daytime since I switched them to the Philips Vision LEDs.
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
has anyone ever installed these bad boys?

https://www.amazon.com/ENDPAGE-7440...71c2d1828a45ea1076032891b63dcf&language=en_US

wondering if our tail light area has the 1.44 inch clearance in between the back of the signal light socket & the car body to accommodate that heatsink
That heat sink looks too large to fit in behind the tail light. Even if it does fit, you probably won’t have enough clearance for the heat sink to breathe and dissipate heat properly. I could see it working better for the front headlight housing. This is going by your picture and also trying to picture what the back of the tail light housing looks like.

The ones I had in my touring years ago had a resistor I could tuck away somehow, and the resistor never got that warm so I didn’t have to worry about any melting plastic or damage etc... I can’t remember exactly what I did but the turn signals lights did okay until I traded in the Touring. They were from iJDM toy.

Best thing to do is take your tail light off and get a rough idea and do some clearance measurements before you become the guinea pig and find out they won’t work.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
That heat sink looks too large to fit in behind the tail light. Even if it does fit, you probably won’t have enough clearance for the heat sink to breathe and dissipate heat properly. I could see it working better for the front headlight housing. This is going by your picture and also trying to picture what the back of the tail light housing looks like.

The ones I had in my touring years ago had a resistor I could tuck away somehow, and the resistor never got that warm so I didn’t have to worry about any melting plastic or damage etc... I can’t remember exactly what I did but the turn signals lights did okay until I traded in the Touring. They were from iJDM toy.

Best thing to do is take your tail light off and get a rough idea and do some clearance measurements before you become the guinea pig and find out they won’t work.
Thanks for the insight, it so hard to measure with the tail light mounted on the body loll
I also worry that the heatsink will scratch the body and cause rust...

TouringBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the insight, it so hard to measure with the tail light mounted on the body loll
I also worry that the heatsink will scratch the body and cause rust...
Any luck with the ENDPAGE LED tail lights? I'm planning to purchase but I'm also concerned about clearance measurements.

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
I bought LED turn signals from TypeRleds.com and bought a plug and play load resistor from a YouTuber called DiyCarModz , stopped my Hyperflashing ASAP check it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? 20181220_151134

TouringBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought LED turn signals from TypeRleds.com and bought a plug and play load resistor from a YouTuber called DiyCarModz , stopped my Hyperflashing ASAP check it out.

20181220_151134.jpg
Any direct links please? I'm afraid to make the wrong purchases.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

thatpinkfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I painted my bulbs with high temperature silver spray paint, i posted the pictures in my journal page! I will test them for some time and later decide weather to keep them or buy LEDs
I know this is a pretty old post.. but how did they hold up after you painted them? Was the brightness the same and how did you like them?
I'm thinking of doing something to my turn signal bulbs too, as I don't really like the orange reflection either lol

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is a pretty old post.. but how did they hold up after you painted them? Was the brightness the same and how did you like them?
I'm thinking of doing something to my turn signal bulbs too, as I don't really like the orange reflection either lol
Everything looks exactly the same as the first day, it has been 4 years and all is perfect. Light is only a bit dimmer than originally but it's still perfectly visible in all conditions and honestly better than most led signals on modern cars. BTW i have used the same spray can for a ton of other useful stuff.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? 067222D0-C521-435E-B40C-1B2D680F3833
Sponsored

Last edited: