Turn off / dim infotainment system?

theory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
I noticed the infotainment tablet to be quite bright when driving around last night. Is there a way to shut the screen off and keep music playing or even to force it to go to the clock screen saver?

Cheers!
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
There is a button on top of the display on the left-hand side where you can turn off the screen but keep the unit on. It’s a day/night and display off button.

Of course you can just dim the display as well

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you change the skin to the native Android type skin you can set the wallpaper to whatever you want and then use widgets and up to five screens to customize. (Bonus also has the Android notification bar pulldown to see emails and alerts)

I have a family picture as wallpaper, all my widgets on one screen. Swipe left to change things, swipe right for back to picture.

Works well with Android auto as well. I keep a small icon for smartphone connection in bottom right. Tap, goes to AA for Navi or messing with Spotify, hit home and everything still works with voice/steering controls but only the picture showing.

May not be exactly what you are looking for, but helped to make it better.

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh and of course worth mentioning you can change contrast/black level/brightness through settings to dim and darken to your taste. It is in display settings.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
speechless

OP
OP

theory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
There is a button on top of the display on the left-hand side where you can turn off the screen but keep the unit on. It’s a day/night and display off button.

Of course you can just dim the display as well
Jesus now I feel dumb for not seeing it. Lol.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Turn the trip button ( don't push it ) to dim the dash and infotainment screen. It work only on the dark , not in daylight

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your lights are set to auto the dash and infotainment will adjust their brightness on their own as well.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Jesus now I feel dumb for not seeing it. Lol.
To be fair to you, it doesn't make much sense to have the system designed so that every other control is given a touch sensor, and the brightness control is hidden behind the top edge, totally separate from all the others. The CR-V has its brightness control in the stack of touch icons, which is simply a better UI.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sadly theres no way to dim the screen if your blinker fluid is low. If you jack your car up, remove the engine from the car, behind the engine but just before the firewall is the blinker fluid reservoir, only fill it half way with SAE OEM blinker fluid, just ask any auto parts store, Im sure they'd be more than happy to find the correct fluid for your particular model (all the models use different blinker fluid). Drive the car around without the engine for about 100 miles, this will reset the dim screen selector.

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sadly theres no way to dim the screen if your blinker fluid is low. If you jack your car up, remove the engine from the car, behind the engine but just before the firewall is the blinker fluid reservoir, only fill it half way with SAE OEM blinker fluid, just ask any auto parts store, Im sure they'd be more than happy to find the correct fluid for your particular model (all the models use different blinker fluid). Drive the car around without the engine for about 100 miles, this will reset the dim screen selector.
I’m not going to try that. :lol:

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX, 2012 Accord
Country flag
OK all; I might have something here. Tablet screens with buttons (2019+) seem to have a 4th wire
that connects to the screen. My tablet has buttons/knobs and the wire pigtail that came with it has a 4th wire (grey color) that's part of the (infamous) 5 pin tablet connector. According to wire diagram that 4th wire is illumi+ and is from parking/tail light relay. It's possible that this is only to back light the buttons but may also have something to do with controlling screen brightness. Most of us don't have this 4th wire connected -it's not included in @Zed harness or the original instructions from @fgr . It's no biggie and might not apply to the tablets without buttons anyway. Just asking.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn off / dim infotainment system? tablet pigtail resize

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn off / dim infotainment system? Pages from radio and Visual System Circuit Diagram 8905-2