Turn off certain things???

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I'm sorry, are you saying you've died twice? I'm just totally lost on this comment...
No that's not what I meant sorry to mislead. I said I've been killed twice by a seat belt. In total I've died 5 times though.

Texancivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
It's probably something like 1000:1. I work in an ER and talk to EMT people all the time. The situation where you'd be better off without a seat belt does exist, but the other 99.9% of the time, you're better with it. You might not be injury free, but you're far more likely to be killed or injured when ejected from the car. I've seen countless ejection traumas...you don't want to be one of those guys.

MagicMatt, go to Amazon and look up "seat belt pad". Lots of options. Not a perfect solution, but better than where you are now, probably.

I was thinking the same. 14yrs as a firefighter working on the pumper, ladder and rescue trucks and two years a Sheriffs deputy I can assure you, you're better off WITH the seat belt. I would rather see you have a nasty rash or an annoying belt than splattered all over the pavement. I get you have survived 3 times through a windshield (didn't you learn the 1st time?!) but why push it????

It's your head and body...do what you please. I do hope you are able to rectify the issue and drive safely.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
Look I know that just because 5 times may not seem like a lot or "enough" to most of you, no need to rub it in just because I'm a noob. I'll get my numbers up in time, don't worry.

But what's gonna happen when you die for the 6th time?:hmm:
I don't know but I'm working on it.

ThrillHill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm sorry, are you saying you've died twice? I'm just totally lost on this comment...
I think I can help with this. His true name is Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. Born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. He is immortal. He's been alive for four and a half centuries, and cannot die.

There can be only one.
Sponsored