Turn DRL and headlights completely off at night?

TinoMills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to the drive-in theater the other night and let me tell you first hand IT IS A NIGHTMARE TRYING TO OPERATE THIS CAR AND KEEP A LOW PROFILE. When engine on the DRLS stay on no matter the position of the light switch. Then when the car is off the car has the park lights or the damn interior lights go on maximum brightness when switched to off you cant even control it and its a distraction. My question is Is there any way to turn the lights completely off while the car is still on at night?
Sponsored

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
As far as the DRL's go if you put the parking brake on and turn off the engine the DRL's will go out. You can then restart the engine or go to accessory mode and as long as you don't release the parking brake the DRL's will stay off. This has been my experience anyway. Don't the interior lights have switches on them where you can put them in OFF all the time/ON all the time/or ON when a door is open?

OP
OP
TinoMills

TinoMills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bob you are a genius lol, Ill try that. Sorry I meant the dashboard lights. I had to keep a microfiber towel over it the entire movie it was so bright.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bob you are a genius lol, Ill try that. Sorry I meant the dashboard lights. I had to keep a microfiber towel over it the entire movie it was so bright.
The dashboard lights' brightness is controlled by turning the trip meter stalk. I've not checked if you can shut off the lights completely but I know you can turn the brightness down.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
lol, unrelated, but my dealer asked me why I wanted to order a paper copy of the manual (for free) when they gave me a CD with the manual.

I asked him how they expected me to read the CD manual on the side of the highway at night in a car with no CD player, and he said nothing more.

Order the paper manual lol -- it'll save you from things like this next time.
Sponsored