Turn By Turn navigation Odometer

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
http://www.autoconnectedcar.com/201...s-in-ios-10-for-iphone-56se-siri-maps-n-apps/

Turn by turn in the dash for carplay has been available since iOS 10 on the iphone end.
Seemingly no car manufacturer has actually implemented it though.
With the introduction of the ability to have other navigation apps fully integrated into Carplay with iOS12 it may surface then, but if any kind of work is required on Hondaā€™s end I wouldnā€™t expect any kind of update.

The Android Auto integration may essentially be incidental since the phone and car share a platform.
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
http://www.autoconnectedcar.com/201...s-in-ios-10-for-iphone-56se-siri-maps-n-apps/

Turn by turn in the dash for carplay has been available since iOS 10 on the iphone end.
Seemingly no car manufacturer has actually implemented it though.
With the introduction of the ability to have other navigation apps fully integrated into Carplay with iOS12 it may surface then, but if any kind of work is required on Hondaā€™s end I wouldnā€™t expect any kind of update.

The Android Auto integration may essentially be incidental since the phone and car share a platform.
Yup we only get it if Apple can implement it from their side. Honda wonā€™t do anything.

As of the current iOS 12 beta. No new CarPlay stuff is active yet

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
That's what I ended up doing. Bought a prepaid Android phone and running a personal hotspot on the iPhone for Wi-Fi.

what android phone are you running? i got a s4 and cant get it to work with aa

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
2018 ex-t

AndreyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ve been missing this. Iā€™ll have to dig around in the settings.

Edit: so I went through all the setting, and couldnā€™t for the life of me figure out how to enable it, if itā€™s even possible to enable. Iā€™m on Version 1.F196.32 in a ā€˜17 Si.

Last edited:

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2017 EX hatch has this, only works with android phone using google maps. I had an android phone for a month in between carriers and it worked for me. I am curious with the new carplay update and ios12 if using google maps with carplay will allow it to work. only time will tell, i guess.

CANBOS

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '15 Acura MDX Elite, 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo E-Gear
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know if you update the firmware in your vehicle in 2016 EX and up models, the turn by turn direction option will be enabled. The update is 1.F197.00 and it will enable this feature on all 2016 civics with the DII and Android radio.

Mdkumar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know if you update the firmware in your vehicle in 2016 EX and up models, the turn by turn direction option will be enabled. The update is 1.F197.00 and it will enable this feature on all 2016 civics with the DII and Android radio.
few people reported that the update 1.F197.00 makes android auto music apps not playable on sedan/coupe models . is your's working fine?

CANBOS

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T, '15 Acura MDX Elite, 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo E-Gear
few people reported that the update 1.F197.00 makes android auto music apps not playable on sedan/coupe models . is your's working fine?
On my 2016 EX-T Canadian model I have had 0 issues with Android Auto or Carplay, music from spotify, SoundCloud works!

Quicksand_Jesus

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I know this sounds crazy, and maybe it has been answered. I have a 2018 SI and mine shows the next turn in the instrument cluster via Android Auto. How can you shut this off?? It's super annoying, I don't want to see it at all but I can't seem to find a setting for it.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I just tried loading the destination on my phone then plugged it into car, and it didn't work. Weird.

wq5w

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
I know this sounds crazy, and maybe it has been answered. I have a 2018 SI and mine shows the next turn in the instrument cluster via Android Auto. How can you shut this off?? It's super annoying, I don't want to see it at all but I can't seem to find a setting for it.
I have a 2018 EX-T I recently purchased (made in Japan) with the same issue. I also view this as a bug, not a feature and wish I could turn it off. I have tried re-setting the radio to factory settings and uninstalling/reinstalling AA on my phone. When I re-connect the phone to the car I select the option to NOT show turn-by-turn directions. This has no impact as I still get turn-by-turn directions in my instrument cluster. If I hit the information button it goes away temporarily but comes back up the next time I am nearing a turn. There is no option anywhere else that I have found to turn it off since the car has no built-in navigation. Has anyone had any luck turning this off from displaying in the instrument cluster?
Sponsored