SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
*gasp* OMG Does Steve know this?
I've already got the exact car I want; LX, 2L N/A (no noisy surging turbo for me), CVT with good cruise, with volume KNOB and INTERMITTANT wipers, no nav, no infamous "infotainment", or other uneeded and expen$ive frills. I go cars in the long term, at least 15 years. I'll be 85, so who knows. Things should be sorted out by then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteveGG

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Hahaha jezzzzz does Steve ever hate these got damn surgin turbo motors that are too technically advanced for his aging mind to understand.. lol surging.. I think you've been watching too many 6.4L flamming :flame:exhaust videos Steve

@SteveGG any pics of you're dope LX?
I'm a private pilot and understand turbocharging completely, at least a lot better than you. In aircraft, it's really needed to go to higher altitudes where the air is too thin, etc. Good application there. In cars it's not really needed and likely to be more trouble than it's worth, especially in the long term IMHO.

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Airplanes need to be reliable for obvious reasons. I really don't see the problem with turbos.
Power windows can also break down, but I won't get a car with manual roll up windows because of an irrational fear.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ever since I watched turbocharged cars fly down the 1/4 mile on the show Pass Time, if you want to go fast, turbo is the way to go. I am very impressed with Honda's design.

OP
OP
SteveGG

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Airplanes need to be reliable for obvious reasons. I really don't see the problem with turbos.
Power windows can also break down, but I won't get a car with manual roll up windows because of an irrational fear.
Any compromise in an aircraft's turbo, probably would not result in a crash, but a reduction in power and therefore altitude until a level where the natural pressure is great enough to restore sufficient power. Agreed, turbos can be quite reliable. I hope the new Honda / Mitsubishi system proves to be reliable in the long term. I just couldn't take a chance. If you want more power, you can either, add a turbo to increase the combustion charge if the engine design can take it, or design a bigger engine. I'd prefer the latter.

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
Any compromise in an aircraft's turbo, probably would not result in a crash, but a reduction in power and therefore altitude until a level where the natural pressure is great enough to restore sufficient power. Agreed, turbos can be quite reliable. I hope the new Honda / Mitsubishi system proves to be reliable in the long term. I just couldn't take a chance. If you want more power, you can either, add a turbo to increase the combustion charge if the engine design can take it, or design a bigger engine. I'd prefer the latter.
There is a pretty good breakdown you can find on the internet about how honda has really put forth the engineering effort to make this as reliable as possible. The turbo is a fantastic platform that will be reliable for a long time. I can understand all of the other complaints. Take no offense for this, but if i was your age i wouldnt care. I'd want all the fun redicilous junk to play around with.

OP
OP
SteveGG

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
If @SteveGG is comparing a turbo charger to a turbine engine....... he knows nothing. Lock this thread and move on. No point trying to discuss anything with this guy.
Got your turbos mixed up ? Of course I WASN'T talking about a turbine ENGINE !
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.