Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Better video of the engine:

That's actually rather impressive.
On further thought, I realize that the premise of my previous comment is false. There must be a kind of transmission, to allow the engine to turn over considerably faster than the prop, for the needed power. I would guess at least 3500 for the engine and about 2200 for the prop. Also proper hardware to handle the prop thrust.
Sponsored

spock_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
A manual hatchback (lx) finally showed up in my state so drove a hour to test it this PM. Took the 2.0NA 6MT sedan out first and nice shift/engine. But once you drive the 1.5t it becomes apparent it is a much more lively feel. The hatch interior seems a little nicer, maybe just my imagination but felt like the seats were a little stiffer and also better sight lines out the back? The sedan is very low to get in and out of. Of course the sedan can be had at good deals, the manual hatches, not so much. Also drove the accord 6MT. The interior of accord much nicer (not surprisingly) and the 2.4 in the manual is very responsive. All manual transmissions are now produced in India as per the msrp list/label. Most impressed by the hatch and the accord. The 2.0 and 2.4 engine are USA produced, the 1.5t is Thailand sourced.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ulieq

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
18 Accord is getting the 1.5

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
18 Accord is getting the 1.5

It will be interesting to see a couple things regarding the '18 Accord. It could mirror the CR-V, i.e. 2.4L sticks around for the base car, higher trim levels get the 1.5T...or the car gets the 1.5 across the board. Also, it's only a matter of time until the manual Accord sedan is axed. The take rate is quite small. At some point, it just isn't worth it for Honda to go to the trouble any more. The V6 is likely gone with the upcoming gen, kind of a shame.
Sponsored