Turbo vs 2.0L Fuel Economy Comparison

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
2017 Hatchback Sport CVT. only filled with 91. 97% City driving with daily occasional fast acceleration. average about 30-31MPG.
Sponsored

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 honda hybrid, 2009 Honda Fit, 2015 Honda CRV
Bring that north 800mi. during January and your result may vary.
Amen to that! Picked up my 2017 EXT with MT on New Years Eve. Since then the temps have averaged around zero to 5 above Farenheit. I have a 45 mile commute to work along 55mph roads and fairly level. Been getting 41 MPG with trip computer and manual calculation agreeing. Econ mode all the time and stick to the speed limit. Interestingly, the temps this last week moved back up to around freezing and the mileage is now around 44mpg. Can't wait for summer to see what I can get.

Scoby151

Scoby151
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
2017 Hatchback Sport CVT. only filled with 91. 97% City driving with daily occasional fast acceleration. average about 30-31MPG.
I get this on the world through time but in the summer I set the cruise on 80 for about 80 miles and get around 35

Scoby151

Scoby151
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Amen to that! Picked up my 2017 EXT with MT on New Years Eve. Since then the temps have averaged around zero to 5 above Farenheit. I have a 45 mile commute to work along 55mph roads and fairly level. Been getting 41 MPG with trip computer and manual calculation agreeing. Econ mode all the time and stick to the speed limit. Interestingly, the temps this last week moved back up to around freezing and the mileage is now around 44mpg. Can't wait for summer to see what I can get.
If you absolutely drive like an old lady, stick to flat roads and keep it under 60, otherwise if you decide to actually drive ypur car, you will be lucky to get mid 30's... Which isn't bad

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you absolutely drive like an old lady, stick to flat roads and keep it under 60, otherwise if you decide to actually drive ypur car, you will be lucky to get mid 30's... Which isn't bad
old ladies around here only drive about 40 mph. Also feel no need to prove my manhood by speeding.

Scoby151

Scoby151
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
old ladies around here only drive about 40 mph. Also feel no need to prove my manhood by speeding.
I said nothing about to your manhood, and if you are that sensitive about that subject you should probably deal with those issues somewhere else. I was just stating that MOST people are not going to drive for milage. They are more interested in saving time, rather than driving 50 mph so they can get 50 mpg. So with that being said your numbers are unrealistic, can you get them? Yea they are totally attainable, but I have an hour commute to work and I'm not going to make it an 2 hours so I can get 50 mpg, I will go by a prius.

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said nothing about to your manhood, and if you are that sensitive about that subject you should probably deal with those issues somewhere else. I was just stating that MOST people are not going to drive for milage. They are more interested in saving time, rather than driving 50 mph so they can get 50 mpg. So with that being said your numbers are unrealistic, can you get them? Yea they are totally attainable, but I have an hour commute to work and I'm not going to make it an 2 hours so I can get 50 mpg, I will go by a prius.
For my 1 hour commute I drive 55mph (because of speed limits which I obey). If you could drive 70mph without consequence that saves around 10- 15mins on a one hour commute. Not sure why your one hour commute would go to 2 hours? (exaggeration?)
This is rural Wisconsin with minimal traffic on the roads I drive primarily because my one commute is at 3AM. I'm lucky if I see 3 other cars in that hour and never get passed. If I'm driving in Chicago I drive with the rest of the traffic and don't impede anyone. If they're going 75 in a 55 zone, I'm also going 75. Basically, my driving is a balance of obeying speed limits and not impeding traffic flow.

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
every Friday and Sunday I make the identical 240 mi. trip, fuel efficiency has ranged from 34 to 47 mpg. (west shore of L. Michigan 53045-54121) so wind and temp very much in play a 38% swing, my Toyota Highlander does 19-25 mpg. 31% swing on a much larger profile.
Sponsored