evarian

First Name
emmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic exl coupe
Country flag
hello I have a 2016 honda civic exl coupe with the 1.5 turbo. I want to upgrade it to a bigger turbo. but I don't know where I should order one from, or how to tell if the website is reliable.

Honda Civic 10th gen turbo upgrade IMG_5463

Honda Civic 10th gen turbo upgrade IMG_5461

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.27won.com/blog/how-to-make-300hp-on-a-10th-generation-civic-l15

https://www.27won.com/blog/do-i-need-a-tune-when-i-put-parts-on-my-civicx

https://www.27won.com/blog/power-limits-of-the-civicx-stock-engine-and-transmission

Here's some reading material

The first question you should ask is,

What am I going to do with my car?

Circuit? Drag? Autox? Mountain runs/canyon carving? Fun daily?

For everything but drag racing, I'd look at getting a tune first.

@gtman has multiple threads comparing the two most popular tuning platforms available for our cars, as well as the types of tunes available. Finally, when you do tune, your should share your experiences on the reliability thread

Top vendors are (in no particular order) Twostep Performance, Unity Performance, Axion Industries, and MAPerformance ( at least, this is who I've made most of my purchases through)

If you do go down the turbo upgrade route, 27won, RV6, and Vargas make the current most popular drop in models

Sha4KuR-x

First Name
Esteban Lopez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RV6 OR 27WON Turbo ball bearing?

Vlad@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 Si, "18 CTR
Country flag
https://www.27won.com/blog/how-to-make-300hp-on-a-10th-generation-civic-l15

https://www.27won.com/blog/do-i-need-a-tune-when-i-put-parts-on-my-civicx

https://www.27won.com/blog/power-limits-of-the-civicx-stock-engine-and-transmission

Here's some reading material

The first question you should ask is,

What am I going to do with my car?

Circuit? Drag? Autox? Mountain runs/canyon carving? Fun daily?

For everything but drag racing, I'd look at getting a tune first.

@gtman has multiple threads comparing the two most popular tuning platforms available for our cars, as well as the types of tunes available. Finally, when you do tune, your should share your experiences on the reliability thread

Top vendors are (in no particular order) Twostep Performance, Unity Performance, Axion Industries, and MAPerformance ( at least, this is who I've made most of my purchases through)

If you do go down the turbo upgrade route, 27won, RV6, and Vargas make the current most popular drop in models
Don't forget you can order straight at 27won.com! :D:D:D

Thanks for posting those links. Good approach you laid out for sure on finding the right one.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
@VargasTurboTech GC or GC+ Is a great way to go
+10000 for this

Lots of great feedback here! I'd like to specifically recommend the 27WON W1 turbocharger for this build.
Just say no to crack, kids.... TSP is great for buying parts OP, but that a garbage recommendation. Holds the award for the worst reliability easily. Sound like a broken record at this point, but there is more than enough users out there with issues.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
hello I have a 2016 honda civic exl coupe with the 1.5 turbo. I want to upgrade it to a bigger turbo. but I don't know where I should order one from, or how to tell if the website is reliable.

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg
Honestly check out vargas turbo they are are great deal and one of the best for this platform if not the best for the price

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
+10000 for this

Just say no to crack, kids.... TSP is great for buying parts OP, but that a garbage recommendation. Holds the award for the worst reliability easily. Sound like a broken record at this point, but there is more than enough users out there with issues.
The W1 sold today is not the same W1 that had the earlier failures. 27WON, like any decent company, learned from their shortcomings and made numerous improvements including but not limited to more appropriate tolerances and specifications to ensure longevity. The W1 turbo is not for every build but for a non-Si build with a target of ~300whp I think it's a great place to start.

If someone wants more peak horsepower, options like the W2 and R365 give up a little bit of the low end torque for bigger gains up top.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Can I ask a question here?

Is there a turbo that simply drops in, no need for tuning, that gives a little extra performance while being reliable?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I ask a question here?

Is there a turbo that simply drops in, no need for tuning, that gives a little extra performance while being reliable?
Sorry, no

Any turbo swap will need a tune

Vlad@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 Si, "18 CTR
Country flag
The W1 sold today is not the same W1 that had the earlier failures. 27WON, like any decent company, learned from their shortcomings and made numerous improvements including but not limited to more appropriate tolerances and specifications to ensure longevity. The W1 turbo is not for every build but for a non-Si build with a target of ~300whp I think it's a great place to start.

If someone wants more peak horsepower, options like the W2 and R365 give up a little bit of the low end torque for bigger gains up top.
Your'e absolutely correct. At this point, we have a lifetime warranty on every W1 and every other turbo we sell because we know they'll perform.

Failures happen. Let's not forget we were one of if not the first in the game for drop-in turbos on the 1.5T engine so we know what works and what doesn't. Lots of manufacturer simply have played the copy and paste game mimicking the W1 over the years. 27WON continues to invest in the turbo performance market and we're dedicated to this chassis and platform.
Sponsored