Turbo Upgrade Sneak Peek

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
He doesn't it's just the with the CVT you have the ability to let it sit at a constant rpm while accelerating. So technically he does sweep through that once but doesn't see it on every shift like a manual. I haven't driven this CVT but I think D simulates an AT but S mode just holds the rpms steady while accelerating...
d and s both goes from the range 4000-6000
L holds it at redline
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He doesn't it's just the with the CVT you have the ability to let it sit at a constant rpm while accelerating. So technically he does sweep through that once but doesn't see it on every shift like a manual. I haven't driven this CVT but I think D simulates an AT but S mode just holds the rpms steady while accelerating...
I dont like how S feels over 70 mph. I usually put it back to D once Im mid 70s if Im on a full throttle run to 100

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious as to where the peak horsepower would land. I know from having my Honda Fit CVT tuned, I was not able to have the CVT moved around to a different rpm, to take advantage of a new horsepower peak. I had custom grounded Deltacams made and installed so this is why I was interested in this. This is why I am asking about where the new peak horsepower will be with this turbo upgrade (if there will be a new peak hp). Won't know until it's dyno'd. But if it is not where the CVT operates at now, won't be justifiable to upgrade to a new turbo.
you speak the truth, this is how I felt with my tune

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you skip 3500-5000?
AsianGuy98, maddmatt doesn't know what I'm talking about. I meant exactly what I said but I am using the term 'skip' loosely. Let me explain it to you in PM. I don't want to derail the thread by explaining it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AsianGuy98, maddmatt doesn't know what I'm talking about. I meant exactly what I said but I am using the term 'skip' loosely. Let me explain it to you in PM. I don't want to derail the thread by explaining it.
I was just thinking:

Less
Honda Civic 10th gen Turbo Upgrade Sneak Peek 359269F2-021C-4E7B-8168-28B097B8B518

More
Honda Civic 10th gen Turbo Upgrade Sneak Peek 0FC888DF-1930-4F89-A5F7-5B42C02B9B66

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just thinking:

Less
359269F2-021C-4E7B-8168-28B097B8B518.jpeg

More
0FC888DF-1930-4F89-A5F7-5B42C02B9B66.jpeg
So another patent answer that the only way forward is with an entirely different car than what might be a majority of folks have (CVT)? Points for creativity on the delivery.
I bet the power and torque curves might differ, to accommodate the lackluster CVT in the Civic, but in the end the limiting factor is the engine internals regardless. And that would show on the dyno. Cool, if that's what you care about. The difference in track times between the two transmissions with a turbo upgrade would be at high enough of an rpm and speed that the differentiator on everything under a CTR will be the Si's LSD and tires across the board. If the CVT (of which the potential disappoints me) can be accommodated, than there will either be no difference, or CVT cars will best IRL Conditions.
I pray Honda, or anyone else, delivers a mod-friendly car like the Civic but with an available CVT that does the tech proud. Then, the argument of CVT Proponents won't be based 'on paper' anymore, the jury won't be out, and we can live in a world where folks are entitled to their opinion but not their own facts.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So another patent answer that the only way forward is with an entirely different car than what might be a majority of folks have (CVT)? Points for creativity on the delivery.
I bet the power and torque curves might differ, to accommodate the lackluster CVT in the Civic, but in the end the limiting factor is the engine internals regardless. And that would show on the dyno. Cool, if that's what you care about. The difference in track times between the two transmissions with a turbo upgrade would be at high enough of an rpm and speed that the differentiator on everything under a CTR will be the Si's LSD and tires across the board. If the CVT (of which the potential disappoints me) can be accommodated, than there will either be no difference, or CVT cars will best IRL Conditions.
I pray Honda, or anyone else, delivers a mod-friendly car like the Civic but with an available CVT that does the tech proud. Then, the argument of CVT Proponents won't be based 'on paper' anymore, the jury won't be out, and we can live in a world where folks are entitled to their opinion but not their own facts.
To clarify my post, I only meant less CVT discussion and more compressor wheel discussion in this thread, as per the OP. :thumbsup:

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To clarify my post, I only meant less CVT discussion and more compressor wheel discussion in this thread, as per the OP. :thumbsup:
Apologies for the rant. Look at enough replies in various threads, and you begin to assume it's all the same. I thought the thread was about an entire bolt-on replacement. Anyone can go to the different veined Si wheel already- what more can be gained from a modified compressor wheel?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies for the rant. Look at enough replies in various threads, and you begin to assume it's all the same. I thought the thread was about an entire bolt-on replacement. Anyone can go to the different veined Si wheel already- what more can be gained from a modified compressor wheel?
Topend! Since that's where the stock turbo's compressor wheel's horsepower falls off. The small turbo should be perfect for most people since very few will spend a majority of the time taking advantage of that topend power. That torque is pretty badass though. :headbang: It's a compromise. Very interesting to see where this goes either way.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The small compressor wheel can make power really fast but only so much power because of its size. You get a bigger compressor and it might take a split second longer to boost, but you can make boost longer and the larger compressor makes more power but slightly higher up in the rpm band as well. Remember, torque gets you moving, hp keeps you moving. These cars make plenty of torque so getting a slightly larger compressor would get you more horsepower and be less likely to peter out before you get close to redline.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Stumbled across this thread, as I was just wondering if the stock turbo could be upgraded. Would love to hear an update on this. Looking forward to the end result.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Based on this post now I'm assuming you were talking about your "myxal 2 step" trick.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Madmatt, have you heard anything from Vit on the subject of the turbo upgrade?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Madmatt, have you heard anything from Vit on the subject of the turbo upgrade?
I haven't heard anything that I'd share other than it wasn't ready...

Had I heard anything else he hasn't made public himself I wouldn't share it anyways, that's a good way to get kicked out of the inner circle...

Now I'm not saying I *am* in the inner circle either... lol. I'm not :(.
Sponsored