Turbo Upgrade Sneak Peek

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
There won't be an updates until we have our Si. Testing will continue on that car, our turbo sedan is just sitting for now as it's being traded in.
Sounds eerily like my plan for my ext.
Sponsored

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Sounds eerily like my plan for my ext.
The most important bits of the Si will actually go on a manual "standard" turbo model. LSD, turbo, stuff like that. But given how busy we are right now, it's quite literally more cost effective to trade it in, instead of investing the time to install the parts. Lol

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
All these mods that I see make me want them even more... but then almost everyone states a tune (hondata/ktuner) is needed which will definitely void my warranty (which is extended to 7 years / 160,000KM) so I guess there's no point in me doing that. A lot of people here will probably bash me for buying the extended warranty, but from the last vehicle I had and the experience with that, it was almost a necessity lol.

Who wants to take a guess on the power gain, cost and ease of install? Would it most likely be a requirement to have a tune to make this work properly?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The most important bits of the Si will actually go on a manual "standard" turbo model. LSD, turbo, stuff like that. But given how busy we are right now, it's quite literally more cost effective to trade it in, instead of investing the time to install the parts. Lol
Basically the only part you really want from the Si is that LSD and then aftermarket for everything else. Although you might not even want that if it turns out it can't hold good power.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anything on that surprise you had for people tuning with you????

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All these mods that I see make me want them even more... but then almost everyone states a tune (hondata/ktuner) is needed which will definitely void my warranty (which is extended to 7 years / 160,000KM) so I guess there's no point in me doing that. A lot of people here will probably bash me for buying the extended warranty, but from the last vehicle I had and the experience with that, it was almost a necessity lol.

Who wants to take a guess on the power gain, cost and ease of install? Would it most likely be a requirement to have a tune to make this work properly?
Flash Pro has a CARB legal version now, I believe it went on sale this week actually. Pretty sure they were working to get Honda approval as well.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Flash Pro has a CARB legal version now, I believe it went on sale this week actually. Pretty sure they were working to get Honda approval as well.
What does the whole CARB legal thing mean? If they get Honda's approval does that mean I could do it without voiding my warranty?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does the whole CARB legal thing mean? If they get Honda's approval does that mean I could do it without voiding my warranty?
CARB means people in california can now flash their car with the CARB approved FLash Pro and pass emissions. It also comes with the CARB sticker. There are some states who follow Californias CARB emissions standards and this would be legal in those states too. A while back it was mentioned that someday soon you could get a flash at a Honda dealer. It has not happened yet but with this CARB approval, that might be around the corner.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has nothing to do with your warranty, only the fact that you can legally flash your car in Cali and states that require CARB certification and still be able to pass emissions and not get ticketed for an illegal mod.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the second part of his question does have to do with warranty, Ford offers tunes under warranty with quite a few of their cars. it would be nice if Honda did something like this.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the second part of his question does have to do with warranty, Ford offers tunes under warranty with quite a few of their cars. it would be nice if Honda did something like this.
If Honda approved tunes were around and didn't void warranty then I would definitely look into it. But there's no way in hell im going to do it if that means I lose that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If Honda approved tunes were around and didn't void warranty then I would definitely look into it. But there's no way in hell im going to do it if that means I lose that.
If the mod breaks the car, the warranty is void, but if you flash the car and the starter goes bad they can't deny you. You can always flash back to stock when you take it in. The stock flash is exactly whats on the car when you bought it. And 99% of the time your dealer wont even know or go looking for it.
Sponsored