Turbo Upgrade Questions

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
So now with Hondata releasing their fuel kit, our path for more power has become much clearer. What isn't clear to me - are some of my current mods now useless?

Take for example the Full Race turbo upgrade kit https://www.full-race.com/store/bor...fk8-ctr-vband-electronic-wastegate-turbo-kit/
  • Given I have PRL intake, do I now have to run the full race intake? What about the PRL intercooler or my Ultimate Racing DP?
Considering I've upgrade almost everything pre & post turbo (intake, DP/FP/exhaust/intercooler) is it not logical just to swap the turbo to a better turbo and add the fuel system? On the FR kit, seems like I'm paying for bunch of mods I don't need as the $2500 price tag doesn't include a turbo.

Would anyone knowledgeable like to help sort this out with me?
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Just do a drop-in turbo and call it a day, numerous aftermarket companies have upgraded turbos for sale, rampage fab, pure turbos, Owens development, soon to be prl etc.

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Just do a drop-in turbo and call it a day, numerous aftermarket companies have upgraded turbos for sale, rampage fab, pure turbos, Owens development, soon to be prl etc.
Will those drop in turbos actually work with stock inlet piping and aftermarket down pipes? Literally, meaning I buy a better turbo, hondata fuel system, tune it and call it a day??

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will those drop in turbos actually work with stock inlet piping and aftermarket down pipes? Literally, meaning I buy a better turbo, hondata fuel system, tune it and call it a day??
Drop in, by definition, typically means that it is going to connect to the engine the same as the factory turbo, and also use the same intake and exhaust connections.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Does anyone have a drop-in on the market yet?
All I have found are "coming soon".

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Drop in, by definition, typically means that it is going to connect to the engine the same as the factory turbo, and also use the same intake and exhaust connections.
Got it, so in that case since my current build is meant for stock turbo, then drop-in should be viable. So, with that said and someone who has already upgrade those components, does anyone see a need for a full package from say Full Race or is the path an upgrade turbo, hondata fuel system & tune?

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Not that I know of, rumors of ATP still working on one but that’s all I know of other than PRL.
I called Rampage today and they for sure have one. Makes up to 450 on stock fuel system. Upper 400 with more fuel.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I called Rampage today and they for sure have one. Makes up to 450 on stock fuel system. Upper 400 with more fuel.
Do you know how much it costs and if it is indeed a "drop-in"?

Last edited:

OP
OP

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Do you know how much it costs and if it is indeed a "drop-in"?
It's ~1800 after core exchange and yes, it's a straight drop in. It's intended to bolt to factory or aftermarket turbo inlet or downpipes and doesn't require a fuel upgrade to get low/mid 400HP. In talking to them yesterday, with fuel upgrades, you can expect mid to high 400's with this turbo. If you want more, then you upgrade to a larger turbo and require a kit as the bigger turbos have different flanges, thus require their DP and intakes.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's ~1800 after core exchange and yes, it's a straight drop in. It's intended to bolt to factory or aftermarket turbo inlet or downpipes and doesn't require a fuel upgrade to get low/mid 400HP. In talking to them yesterday, with fuel upgrades, you can expect mid to high 400's with this turbo. If you want more, then you upgrade to a larger turbo and require a kit as the bigger turbos have different flanges, thus require their DP and intakes.
Thanks for the info Man! I wonder if they can port match my PRL inlet tube, hmmm...