Henry Xal

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si 2017
Country flag
.Good afternoon friends, before going to the workshop I have a problem with my honda, the turbo slows down or suffocates because the discharge valve does not work, I turn off the car, I turn it on again and it works normally after a long time of use, it reappears, sometimes? Has anyone had the same. Could it be the wastegate connector? So I have the dump valve connector.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turbo not charging properly IMG_20220117_144315

Honda Civic 10th gen Turbo not charging properly IMG_20220117_144314

Honda Civic 10th gen Turbo not charging properly IMG_20220117_144301

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
The wastegate should never cause your turbo to ā€˜stallā€™. If itā€™s stuck open, it wonā€™t generate boost so youā€™ll get no power. If it sticks closed, youā€™ll get LOTS more power, for a rather short amount of time before the turbo self-destructsā€¦

You can see the bypass or diverter valve there, which CAN cause the turbo to ā€˜stallā€™ if itā€™s stuck closed. But it should be vacuum operated by the small hose(s) that are in your picturesā€¦ Unless it also has an electronic bleed that is computer controlledā€¦

Last edited:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I want to know why the wire sheathing is open and those wires are even out in the open. Is there a previous issue we should know about while trying to help you?

FYI: those wires go to your Ewastegate actuator. If you have wiring issue with that, you will for sure see issues with your turbo and boost, but nobody is going to be able to tell you more since electronics HATE bad repair jobs but are fickle.
Sponsored

Last edited: