Turbo lag help.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Hey I would like to get rid of the turbo lag when accelerating due to the fact it feels awkward and may issues when trying to accelerate around cars to avoid situations. Do I have to get a tuner to do that? My car has extended warranty so I’m not doing bolt ons. But I feel I will want more power if I get a tuner and that’s risking more than the engine. Lol. So are there any other discrete ways to get rid of turbo lag?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I would like to get rid of the turbo lag when accelerating due to the fact it feels awkward and may issues when trying to accelerate around cars to avoid situations. Do I have to get a tuner to do that? My car has extended warranty so I’m not doing bolt ons. But I feel I will want more power if I get a tuner and that’s risking more than the engine. Lol. So are there any other discrete ways to get rid of turbo lag?
No there is not any discrete way other than Ktuner

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you don’t want to get more power out of this engine, don’t even bother to get a tuner. The main reason why ppl buy a tuner is to have fuuunnn.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A tuner will allow you to increase throttle response and turbo response, thus mitigating the turbo lag. Without it, there's nothing you can do.

NekoKinetics

First Name
Neko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 white civic si coupe(SOLD). 370Z Nismo, Mr2 Turbo, 280zx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tuner with throttle + turbo response while keeping the factory tune. Also, remove that rev hang.

Reactions: JMM

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What you mean? I was told I could keep stock boost levels while deleting rev hang and cvt lag
First of all I think you're confusing lag with rev hang. Rev hang has nothing to do with a CVT. For boost, just choose something like 16psi from the dropdown box. Set your throttle and turbo response to an improved setting. This will keep the psi at a low level like you want but will run much better than the stock Honda tune.

Reactions: JMM
OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First of all I think you're confusing lag with rev hang. Rev hang has nothing to do with a CVT. For boost, just choose something like 16psi from the dropdown box. Set your throttle and turbo response to an improved setting. This will keep the psi at a low level like you want but will run much better than the stock Honda tune.
Roger. Gotta get the tuner first lol. I’m getting a conversion kit first. The lag I’m referring to is when I press the throttle to the floor it hesitates likes it building power then goes. I just want it to start going when I press the pedal to the floor. That lag could cost me one day trying to get out of a tight spot.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What are you converting?
Front bumper. My dad can paint everything to oem color so I’m really only paying $400 for entire conversion. Read above as I edited my post.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Roger. Gotta get the tuner first lol. I’m getting a conversion kit first. The lag I’m referring to is when I press the throttle to the floor it hesitates likes it building power then goes. I just want it to start going when I press the pedal to the floor. That lag could cost me one day trying to get out of a tight spot.
The lag from initially any power being supplied to the car instead of just the turbo where you start getting that pull back effect more is just from having a cvt transmission where it doesn’t just have gear 1-5 or 1-6, it has basically a cone for a gear so depending on how far down you press the pedal and your current speed it is gonna be constantly changing its gear ratio and I think that may be what you are experiencing because I’ve noticed that in ever cvt transmission that ive drove and cannot stand driving them for the life of me lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There is some CVT "lag", no doubt. It's most noticeable when going from light throttle to a deep jab on the pedal. But, there's definitely turbo lag as well.

I had a few dicey situations in traffic where turbo lag caused a few close calls. Thankfully, ever since tuning with Ktuner the lag has been drastically reduced.
Sponsored