bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ahh yeah that definitely sounds odd. Sounds like early engine knocking like starving for oil for a second... BUT usually knocking happens at all rpms when severe.
How many miles and what exact oil do you use?
the car has about 8K miles and using CTX full synthetic.
Sponsored

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
the car has about 8K miles and using CTX full synthetic.
My opinion is to reflash back to stock parameters and take it to the dealer. Def under warranty still but that sounds like a knock on start up. At least through the video it does. Could be a spark issue, bad gas, or oil starving for some reason. What Octane are u using?

OP
OP

bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My opinion is to reflash back to stock parameters and take it to the dealer. Def under warranty still but that sounds like a knock on start up. At least through the video it does. Could be a spark issue, bad gas, or oil starving for some reason. What Octane are u using?
Thanks. That was my last resort. I'm using 91 here in California.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Thanks. That was my last resort. I'm using 91 here in California.
Ok yeah obviously sounds like you've done nothing wrong. Fortunately use that warranty while you have it and let us know what they find as the cause

OP
OP

bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
@CVCTURBO finally had a chance to bring the car into the dealer. They weren't able to find anything. At first, they tried to blame it on the sirimoto STB. I told them that can't be it because the noise happens only on warm/hot starts and not cold starts.

Jonny10thgen

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
@CVCTURBO finally had a chance to bring the car into the dealer. They weren't able to find anything. At first, they tried to blame it on the sirimoto STB. I told them that can't be it because the noise happens only on warm/hot starts and not cold starts.
I wouldnt stress too bad about it, kind of sounds like the engine mounts (jiggling) sounds a wee bit "rubbery" maybe it's just the engine shaking after startup.
Sponsored