First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I can hear the turbo flutters in my 2018 touring sedan inside the cabin on startup more and more now. I don't hear it on a cold start in the mornings. I hear it more when I'm running errands, starting and stopping the engine.

The only mods I have is ktuner v1.2 duo stage tune.
Sponsored

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Turbo flutter happens when the boost pressure builds up and there is no where for it to go, like if there was no BOV or DV. Either your DV is stuck (not likely bc I'd imagine it would set some type of code, and there shouldn't be any boost made on start up in the first place) or your hearing a different noise from else where.

Any other mods?
And a video of the noise would help me diag the cause possibly

OP
OP

bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Turbo flutter happens when the boost pressure builds up and there is no where for it to go, like if there was no BOV or DV. Either your DV is stuck (not likely bc I'd imagine it would set some type of code, and there shouldn't be any boost made on start up in the first place) or your hearing a different noise from else where.

Any other mods?
And a video of the noise would help me diag the cause possibly
I don't have any other engine mods besides the Ktuner. I'll get a sound clip up tonight after work.

OP
OP

bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
@CVCTURBO here's the link the the clip.

I wasn't able to upload it on here cuz of the size. You can hear the flutter around the 3 second mark.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
@CVCTURBO here's the link the the clip.

I wasn't able to upload it on here cuz of the size. You can hear the flutter around the 3 second mark.
Unfortunately I can't hear anything over the door chime, when you get a chance try it again with the door closed

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Try using the remote starter while listening in the engine bay with the hood up? Would probably be a good spot to record the noise, as well.

OP
OP

bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Try using the remote starter while listening in the engine bay with the hood up? Would probably be a good spot to record the noise, as well.
@Troy Jollimore I tried doing this, but the car won't lock for me to remote start it. I just posted another sound clip

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Here's another sound clip @CVCTURBO

Ahh yeah that definitely sounds odd. Sounds like early engine knocking like starving for oil for a second... BUT usually knocking happens at all rpms when severe.
How many miles and what exact oil do you use?

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Couldn’t hear anything that time. I was afraid of that. There should be a hood sensor switch you can trip that will let you lock and start the car. Or get someone else to do it while you record.

OP
OP

bclee55

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Couldn’t hear anything that time. I was afraid of that. There should be a hood sensor switch you can trip that will let you lock and start the car. Or get someone else to do it while you record.
I'll try to do that again this weekend.
Sponsored