Fk8Frank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR #18932 , 2000 civic ex , 2007 BMW M5
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a 2018 CTR and I put a Perrin intercooler and a AEM intake on it recently and it’s been doing wonders and I recently had it in tuner galleria chicago and I had to disconnect the battery. After I redid the battery to leave I noticed it had a lot more power to it and now today I was driving home and did a slight pull in R mode and then the check engine light and emission and rev match system lights came on. Went to a shop and had them scan but they half assed it and said it was the MAF sensor. I check it out and saw the wire to my maf sensor is a little frayed so I wonder if that’s the problem? I’m not making a single pound of boost and I’m just worried I blew the turbo.
Sponsored

Funnyguy2000

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a 2018 CTR and I put a Perrin intercooler and a AEM intake on it recently and it’s been doing wonders and I recently had it in tuner galleria chicago and I had to disconnect the battery. After I redid the battery to leave I noticed it had a lot more power to it and now today I was driving home and did a slight pull in R mode and then the check engine light and emission and rev match system lights came on. Went to a shop and had them scan but they half assed it and said it was the MAF sensor. I check it out and saw the wire to my maf sensor is a little frayed so I wonder if that’s the problem? I’m not making a single pound of boost and I’m just worried I blew the turbo.
It happened to me too in my 2017 honda civic si all lights on no boost and when rev and go down it almost died out after put prl innercooler and cold intake

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you check for boost leaks? I'd get an OBD scanner and see what's coming up.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
@Fk8Frank
If your MAF wire is “frayed” (as you say) then, your ECU is unable to register the Air Volume IN to apply correct fueling - thus No Boost.
That’s your first trouble shoot.
2nd would be to ensure your Intercooler Hoses are FIRM and tight at the lower connections.
But wiring can cause what you are experiencing.

You would need to overboost your turbo quite a bit to blow it out - I would not ascertain that happened.

OP
OP
Fk8Frank

Fk8Frank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR #18932 , 2000 civic ex , 2007 BMW M5
Country flag
@Fk8Frank
If your MAF wire is “frayed” (as you say) then, your ECU is unable to register the Air Volume IN to apply correct fueling - thus No Boost.
That’s your first trouble shoot.
2nd would be to ensure your Intercooler Hoses are FIRM and tight at the lower connections.
But wiring can cause what you are experiencing.

You would need to overboost your turbo quite a bit to blow it out - I would not ascertain that happened.
Yeah ended up finding out the maf sensor was reading low voltage and high voltage and was basically tripping tf out

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
@Fk8Frank
It’s lucky you paid enough attention to that. Those are the “gremlins” much of the time.
Sponsored