First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know there is at least one option for the Type R but are there any made to fit the Si? Will a universal PTP fit? I would like to install one while putting on a dp that will be heat wrapped if possible. Any help on this is much appreciated.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know there is at least one option for the Type R but are there any made to fit the Si? Will a universal PTP fit? I would like to install one while putting on a dp that will be heat wrapped if possible. Any help on this is much appreciated.
No universal will not fit. Ktuned has their turbo blankets but they are still working on ones to fit the SI properly. Even their Universal TD025 blanket did not fit the SI

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No universal will not fit. Ktuned has their turbo blankets but they are still working on ones to fit the SI properly. Even their Universal TD025 blanket did not fit the SI
I'm not a very patient person so it looks like I will be installing my downpipe and then later adding a turbo blanket. Thanks for the info

dblotii

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si
Turbo blanket is a good way to void your warranty

OP
OP
Matt Noke

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is my tune, ethanol conversion, and probably a handful of other of my modifications. Lol. I'm running a Max of 26 psi and want to avoid heat soak as much as possible. I figure by wrapping the downpipe when I install it and putting a turbo blanket on will help significantly.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
There have been plenty of studies and developments which show a turbo blanket is more efficient and better than a heat shield. I guess I am screwed b/c/ I have a turbo blanket and thermal all over my engine bay. By the way, after running the Tail of the Dragon event, we measured the heat coming out from the turbo. It showed a 200 degree decrease from just a heat shield. Plus the blanket and wrap are going to last the entire life of the car.

I know technology like this is hard to grasp. Even my dealership said it would not void the warranty.

dblotii

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si
There have been plenty of studies and developments which show a turbo blanket is more efficient and better than a heat shield. I guess I am screwed b/c/ I have a turbo blanket and thermal all over my engine bay. By the way, after running the Tail of the Dragon event, we measured the heat coming out from the turbo. It showed a 200 degree decrease from just a heat shield. Plus the blanket and wrap are going to last the entire life of the car.

I know technology like this is hard to grasp. Even my dealership said it would not void the warranty.
The problem with thermal wraps and blankets are that they increase the peak temperature of metal, thereby decreasing its strength and also increasing thermal stress. The net effect is that the turbo and exhaust system components that glow red-hot at full power are more likely to crack, eventually. I am an engine engineer and regularly run turbo engines on dynos. When we do we make sure we have maximum airflow to the exhaust side components.

Dave

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes!!!:thumbsup:
Going to see if MAP performance can get a good price on this:hmm:
MAP told me prices will be up sometime tomorrow for them but shipping will still cost around $10 for it.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
MAP told me prices will be up sometime tomorrow for them but shipping will still cost around $10 for it.
Pricing is up now:)

Moved up on my list!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Has anyone been running one of these yet? If so what's your experience?
Sponsored