Tunning Upgraded Subwoofer and Mono Amp

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
True... In this case I assume that the HU sub LPF is fixed at factory (another dumb idea, unless there is a way to change that value). If the HU LPF is set at say 80Hz, then setting the new amp at say 100Hz won't do anything useful, except maybe inject noise. Alternatively, setting the amp at 60Hz will leave a 60-80Hz gap for other channels to pickup if able.

Needless to say... miss my Alpine HU. Only needed 7 channels to sound great.
Give it about 1-2 years and we'll be able to swap the HU and not lose anything.
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
you won't be able to actually tune the sub with the head unit. all you can do is tune it to your ear with the tone controls. the pioneer in my old lx had all kinds of controls for tuning the sound, including adding a mic to self adjust it. cross overs were one of them, and was very useful for a good adjustment. there is a frequency missing here, and its the one that takes you to sonic bliss, and makes your licence plate rattle. its why they filtered it out. my si radio is ok for now and i hope i can stick with it.
my home system goes to a real 12hz, without a sub. garage system goes to sub sonic also, no sub. the new bass heavy alternative music sounds real gooooood on them, dino rock too. not too much in the si.

OP
OP
piterek

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
(1) Set Honda Unit to Max Volume output.
Thanks for the step-by-step. In the quote, do you mean volume or sub level... or both.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thanks for the step-by-step. In the quote, do you mean volume or sub level... or both.
I guess I mean set any Volume controls on the Honda unit to the max that you will ever intend to ever set them to.

OP
OP
piterek

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you all for great feedback and advice. Will play some more and report back.

Cheers!

OP
OP
piterek

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just saw this post from from @ctrmofo. Seems that I am chasing my tail trying to tune my current setup. Got some work to do.
Sponsored