dacostan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
First forum post here so bear with me, it's gonna be a long one.

~2 years ago I purchased a 2017 civic touring and now that I've drove it for a bit I'm looking to make it a more enjoyable daily drive but in all honesty I really know next to nothing. I've been looking into tuning and adding a few bolt-ons (intake, frontpipe/downpipe, exhaust) but don't know enough to do it myself or even where to get the parts. Looking for tips/references if anyone has had a similar experience. I'm in the greater toronto area in canada for reference. Also, if I'm tuning the engine will it still perform alright in snow conditions? Not planning on driving with a lead foot just looking for a little more power and fun.

Secondly, what're the key differences between hondata/ktuner or does it really just come down to personal preference? Thanks again and I appreciate all the tips in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuning tips needed 12
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey, welcome. I am in Mississauga also :)

I can recommend a shop, but with a basic set of hand tools you can do some simple mods like installing an intake. I'd also potentially be able to help you. Intake and exhaust are great mods. There are some caveats with putting on a downpipe, including emissions problems (not that we have those in Ontario) and the extra low-end torque they produce. It's safer to get custom tuned if you want to run a downpipe for a long period of time.

To start, yes a tune is the perfect way to wake up your car and it's perfectly safe in the winter. I've been tuned for over 2 years now. It all comes down to your right foot how the car responds.

Between KTuner and Hondata is more your preference, they're both extremely capable and ultimately do the same things. KTuner is the more popular option but you can't go wrong with either.

@Vincent@27WON is my favourite company for performance parts for our cars. They can only be purchased directly from them in the US though, so you need to work in shipping and duties. We have a great store local to us here in Mississauga, @Unity Performance. Highly suggest you check them out for some mod and product ideas.

Happy to help answer further questions as you do some research!

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
The ktuner/hondata is mostly personal preference. The bolt-ons don’t care about the weather unless it’s flooding or you have to plow through 6+in of snow. The most you have to worry about is using premium gas only, oil dilution and not to tune too aggressively as the cvt isn’t built to handle the extra power

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Welcome onboard, awesome to see another local :)

@hobby-man is pretty spot on, you can do simple installs at home with a few tools, following YouTibe videos, instruction manuals for each product, and CivicX write-ups. We're local to you, just off Dixie and 401 for any parts you'd like to get, and for any heavy work needed Apex Motoring is 5-minutes away from our location - Andrew is the go-to tech for anything and everything 10th Gen Civic!