Tuning Questions

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After owning my CTR for over 2 years, I think that I am looking to spice it up a little. After reading numerous other CTR owners' experience on tuning, I think I want to tune my car. Yeah, the warranty might go bye bye, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to be going balls to the wall with a tune, and the engine in the CTR is probably not going to die from a mild tune anyways. Probably just a base tune to give my car a little more oomph where it needs it.

For other tuned CTR owners - do you have any suggestions on choosing between Hondata and Ktuner? They both seem to have their pluses and negatives, so that's where I'm hoping other owners can chime in.

What are the realistic gains in HP/TQ from one of the base tunes anyways?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
depends on octane and the type of base maps but i'd say you will gain ~30hp / 60tq plus or minus from a base map.
I only use 93 (that's all that's around here, and I don't feed my car anything less than what it deserves).

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
I only use 93 (that's all that's around here, and I don't feed my car anything less than what it deserves).
hondata has some dyno charts available to look at depending on what octane you’ll see various gains.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a random sideblurb too - I was looking through @gtman's amazing Tuning Survey thread and unfortunately there's not a very big CTR representation in there. I know a decent number of us are tuned and I think having a general sample of owners discuss their tuning experience would be really good for other owners who are considering doing the same. If I decide to tune, I will be sure to contribute.

If you're interested in contributing the thread is here. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/the-tuned-civic-x-reliability-experience-survey.42361/

There's probably a lot of these questions in the CTR specific forum just because we don't have much to go off of.

hondata has some dyno charts available to look at depending on what octane you’ll see various gains.
I'll check those out. Thanks!
Sponsored