Tuning for fuel efficiency?

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
I cannot find any conversation about tuning for increase in MPG on the V2. I know that most of us who bought the KTuner V2 made the purchase so we can extract more power, including myself. I am curious if anyone have done a tune that have improved mpg?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I recall correctly I remember seeing a fuel efficency base map.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If I recall correctly I remember seeing a fuel efficency base map.
There's a throttle setting for that on the standard civic 1.5Ts. As far as tuning for even better efficiency than factory and the included tunes, it can certainly be done!

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
There's a throttle setting for that on the standard civic 1.5Ts. As far as tuning for even better efficiency than factory and the included tunes, it can certainly be done!
does the standard eco mode still work with stage 2 basemap tune? i would assume not because it wiped the ecu and now has the stage 2 basemap so its always 21 psi all the time. am i correct?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
does the standard eco mode still work with stage 2 basemap tune? i would assume not because it wiped the ecu and now has the stage 2 basemap so its always 21 psi all the time. am i correct?
ECON still works when you're cruising.

Jaythizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx hatchback
Country flag
Which maps are you guys talking about on ktuner to save fuel more than factory? Im curious about using it...lmk

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'd assume disabling the turbo and changing the throttle responsiveness would give you the fuel efficiency you're looking for, but sounds like it would be aggravating trying to pass or get up to speed with everyone else

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say about 0.000001% of people tuning their Civics are doing it for fuel efficiency.;)

OP
OP

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
Did you ever make a tune for fuel efficiency?
I dont have enought experience to be messing around for a couple of mpg gain at the moment. At some point I will.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I dont have enought experience to be messing around for a couple of mpg gain at the moment. At some point I will.
You can start off by turning off LTFT's, then re-scaling, and leave everything else stock.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bet you could get a custom tune to run on the lean side a bit. As long as you don't go too far you'd generally be somewhat more efficient. Go too far though... you're small fuel savings will be eaten up in engine repairs. At the less extreme you'd have less power and maybe hurt economy. You might recover the cost of paying a tuner given enough time.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I bet you could get a custom tune to run on the lean side a bit. As long as you don't go too far you'd generally be somewhat more efficient. Go too far though... you're small fuel savings will be eaten up in engine repairs. At the less extreme you'd have less power and maybe hurt economy. You might recover the cost of paying a tuner given enough time.
This should be easy to do. Lean burn engines run at 16-17afr. Just set those fields in ktuner closed loop low load >140C to that. But then you may heat up and kill the catalytic converter because NOx emissions will be higher and the catalytic converter in the civic is a cheap one not built to handle lean burn. But if you have a down pipe it wouldn't hurt. I run 15.1 myself small difference and probably negligible.

Last edited:

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
About to pickup my '17 hatch, also found someone local selling a ktuner v1 for a decent price... I'm one of the .000005% interesting in tuning for efficeneff.... Buuuut I won't lie I'll play with the other tunes as well lol.

In other words... Will be watching this posting
Sponsored