Never Fake Never Phony
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
For those that have tuned their card how has the top end changed?
Has top end significantly changed between 5k-7k rev range?
Sponsored

OP
OP
itrgsr94

itrgsr94

Never Fake Never Phony
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, it will change significantly. Use the search feature. Lots of information on Hondata and Ktuner tuning here.
I think I worded the question incorrectly, I've done a ton of research.
Kind of like a movie review Rotten Tomatoes can say onething, but a personal experience to me holds more water.
Since your tuned I thought you could say, thanks for the input though.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have maybe a controversial take on this, but it's not about how much harder it pulls, but the difference in Hondata's torque delivery throughout the powerband. KTuner was a bit more linear, I think? That's not to say one is better than another for topend but they DO feel different, I've had both.

With Hondata, and focusing mainly on 3rd gear, the midrange is very strong, whereas with KTuner it feels stonger than stock, but it's not like "whoa... " like Hondata is.

That being said, topend is a little anticlimactic, in my opinion, with Hondata moreso than with KTuner. I mean it pulls just fine and you'll hit the rev limit easily if you're not paying attention as it just keeps pulling but because it hits so hard in the midrange, that's where I kind of notice it the most. So with Hondata, topend is good but is overshadowed by midrange (3500-5500 ish?). WIth KTuner, it's more linear and keeps pulling harder and harder.

As traction control has arrived for Hondata and is on the way for KTuner, we can take advantage of more torque lower in the range so topend stands out less, it's just a really nice, strong, linear power delivery.

I hope that makes sense. A little more succinct: both pull harder than stock up top but KTuner "feels" a little stronger up top but only because it doesn't feel as strong through the middle as Hondata. Both feel stronger in the middle than stock, as well.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
What's the highest top speed we've seen so far? I believe I've seen a couple of vids of folks hitting the mid 170s.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
What's the highest top speed we've seen so far? I believe I've seen a couple of vids of folks hitting the mid 170s.
Honda Civic 10th gen Tuning and Top End 2018-honda-civic-type-r-hits-176-mph-283-kph-in-german-autobahn-top-speed-test-121542-7

Highest I've seen is 176 MPH/283 KM/h. It looks like if he were to continue to the red line in 6th gear like it would have topped out a little over 180 MPH. Since wheel/tire size changes the speedometer readings, a GPS would be a better gauge.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2018-honda-civic-type-r-hits-176-mph-283-kph-in-german-autobahn-top-speed-test-121542-7.jpg

Highest I've seen is 176 MPH/283 KM/h. It looks like if he were to continue to the red line in 6th gear like it would have topped out a little over 180 MPH. Since wheel/tire size changes the speedometer readings, a GPS would be a better gauge.
I think that's one of the vids I've seen.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I just finished my Hondata 93 base line flash today with TC. As many said above... it’s NOT the feeling at top end that changed but rather the get up and go lower and in the midrange that is shocking. I’ve bounced rev limiter a couple times strictly because I’m used to a more drawn out pull.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just finished my Hondata 93 base line flash today with TC. As many said above... it’s NOT the feeling at top end that changed but rather the get up and go lower and in the midrange that is shocking. I’ve bounced rev limiter a couple times strictly because I’m used to a more drawn out pull.
Damn. I keep putting off getting myself a tune. Do you know how much extra power you're now getting?

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Damn. I keep putting off getting myself a tune. Do you know how much extra power you're now getting?
Negative. It’s purely a base map for 93 without a dyno or custom tuning. Butt dyno says it feels great though :)

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Negative. It’s purely a base map for 93 without a dyno or custom tuning. Butt dyno says it feels great though :)
That's the petrol grade I use around here. 93. You've had no troubles with it so far? No difficulty installing or setting things up?

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
When I look at the Hondata power graph, it shows less torque at low rpm after the tune. This concerns me as I don't want to lose drivability. How does it feel just off idle?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
When I look at the Hondata power graph, it shows less torque at low rpm after the tune. This concerns me as I don't want to lose drivability. How does it feel just off idle?
it's not noticeable.

The top end isn't really something that becomes WOAH with a tune. It is faster but it's not woah faster.
It's the low-mid range and the throttle response that is improved greatly.
Sponsored