Tuning a Leased car?

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi my Honda Hatch will be coming to be late April and I definately want to tune it at some point.

My question is, are there any concerns I should know about before tuning?

Can I always revert back to 'normal'? The way the car was before - when returning it to the dealer or going through a service at the dealer lot.

Ktuner v1/Ktuner v2/ Hondata?
I'll buy the tuner off you when your done.....
Sponsored

OP
OP

Enly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
No they cannot see this at the dealer, that is an urban legend, i work in a garages and we have the same diagnostic tool as the dealer, dealer need to send ecu to honda and then they analyse ecu. BUT for exemple if you blow your engine, they can see how much psi your turbo was running, so if they see your turbo was pushing 20psi before engine blew up now they will investigate more.
Do you think the risk of that is high if I get a custom tune from vitviper on Ktuner or use flashpro basemap?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Do you think the risk of that is high if I get a custom tune from vitviper on Ktuner or use flashpro basemap?
I dont really want to answer about the vit custom tune risk....there's a lot of factor when you customize tune. I know vit is real pro tuner but he's human....If hondata dont want to mess with deep parameter in the ecu that honda had set up, there is a reason. You can customize a little bit with flashpro and be safe because you dont play with deep parameter ecu and you can run basemap safely without trouble. For ktuner i will let owners reply to you, i dont have it.

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
I'm tuned with the Ktuner.My tune is dialed to a safe level IMO but Ive seen the Ktuner MT Turbo tunes up to 27psi where Im at 22PSI with just the right amount of power in my opinion.Boost by gear just became available but Ive not uploaded it yet.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I dont really want to answer about the vit custom tune risk....there's a lot of factor when you customize tune. I know vit is real pro tuner but he's human....If hondata dont want to mess with deep parameter in the ecu that honda had set up, there is a reason. You can customize a little bit with flashpro and be safe because you dont play with deep parameter ecu and you can run basemap safely without trouble. For ktuner i will let owners reply to you, i dont have it.
Simple answer here.. As to why hondatas flashpro isnt as open as ktuner.... They are trying to gey carb certified and sold as an upgrade at honda dealers..

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I'm hoping/waiting for that I think. I'm just not sure on my states emissions, they used to dyno your car years ago, now just plug in and read off ecu, but I think I read they started detecting reflashes somehow a few years back but that can mean a wide range of things. I.e. Will reflashing to stock be ok etc....
Simple answer here.. As to why hondatas flashpro isnt as open as ktuner.... They are trying to gey carb certified and sold as an upgrade at honda dealers..

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
No they cannot see this at the dealer, that is an urban legend, i work in a garages and we have the same diagnostic tool as the dealer, dealer need to send ecu to honda and then they analyse ecu. BUT for exemple if you blow your engine, they can see how much psi your turbo was running, so if they see your turbo was pushing 20psi before engine blew up now they will investigate more.
Careful about this.

Not sure if Honda has it but VW/Audi has reflashing (includes going back to stock) detection functions in their diagnostic tools.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Careful about this.

Not sure if Honda has it but VW/Audi has reflashing (includes going back to stock) detection functions in their diagnostic tools.

There is a lot of update on this since i write my comment, i blown my engine in may and honda denied warranty, now they are able to see everything IF THEY WANT, you can't hide nothing now.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
There is a lot of update on this since i write my comment, i blown my engine in may and honda denied warranty, now they are able to see everything IF THEY WANT, you can't hide nothing now.
Care to elaborate?

How did you manage to kill the engine so soon?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Care to elaborate?

How did you manage to kill the engine so soon?
not sure about the real cause since carfun said they bent rod at 26psi on 3 of their civic. But i suspect an over rev more than a tune, over rev was made 2 mounth earlier and 2500km before the engine blown, so it's hard to tell, i swap the engine myself with a friend and i run the +9 since the swap with no problem, so i think it's the over rev who kill the engine but not 100% sure.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Data Freeze frames can easily tell if a car has been reflashed.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Just leave it alone dude, it's a lease. Not your car. Buy it and it's a different story.

mikeydon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed Manual FULL BOLT ONS/DYNO TUNED (305whp), 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Just leave it alone dude, it's a lease. Not your car. Buy it and it's a different story.
if he buys it, its still not his until after the final payment is made. so technically there is no difference. who cares. tune it

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
if he buys it, its still not his until after the final payment is made. so technically there is no difference. who cares. tune it
Still is a difference regardless. Big difference between the two. It's his deal so he can do what he pleases.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a leased Hatch

Got a tune done by Vit with Hondata

Getting another tune done by Vit on Ktuner v2

and getting another tune done by Vit on Ktuner v2 with E85

If you break anything, fix it, return to stock and you'll be fine, if not, you'll just have to buy the car lol.
Sponsored