Tuning a 10th gen daily driver... just do it!

dbagged86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
The easiest is to go PRL or 27one for all three. RV6 and MAP also make good downpipes. For intercoolers there are lots of options depending on your budget and where your final goals lie
Thank you sir. I have a PRL street downpipe and an Injen intercooler with injen charge pipes. I will definitely look into a different intake in future.
Sponsored

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
I've read this and the k tuner thread from page 1 to 52.... interesting read.....my question is would I still benefit with my 21 sedan no turbo.... Because reading through I keep seeing the word turbo and boosting.... I'm not a car guy but would like to be...and I do like to go fast but I've never floored my car what is WOT and brake boosting sorry I suck at car talk ? but I am confident at emulating what I see if I ever want to mod I know for sure CVT can't produce too much torque which I've read on about as well....just joined civicx this morning

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You can afford to blow an engine when the car is paid off?
The car will be mine and not the bank's, and the warranty will be done by then. Not too difficult to understand...

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've read this and the k tuner thread from page 1 to 52.... interesting read.....my question is would I still benefit with my 21 sedan no turbo.... Because reading through I keep seeing the word turbo and boosting.... I'm not a car guy but would like to be...and I do like to go fast but I've never floored my car what is WOT and brake boosting sorry I suck at car talk ? but I am confident at emulating what I see if I ever want to mod I know for sure CVT can't produce too much torque which I've read on about as well....just joined civicx this morning
The N/A engine has a nice tune available from KTuner. It offers a solid bump in hp, some torque increase and best of all, you can lower the VTEC crossover and throttle response. And in our tuning reliability survey thread, there have been ZERO failures with that tune.

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The N/A engine has a nice tune available from KTuner. It offers a solid bump in hp, some torque increase and best of all, you can lower the VTEC crossover and throttle response. And in our tuning reliability survey thread, there have been ZERO failures with that tune.
I'm beyond excited....I appreciate OP and all you guys for the experiment's this will be good

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
'm not a car guy but would like to be...and I do like to go fast but I've never floored my car what is WOT and brake boosting sorry I suck at car talk ? but I am confident at emulating what I see if I ever want to mod I know for sure CVT can't produce too much torque which I've read on about as well....just joined civicx this morning
WOT= Wide Open Throttle.

You've never floored your throttle? How did you get the secondary of the four barrel to open? Wait, have you even driven a carbureted car? There are some things the computer won't tell the car to do unless you're all the way "open". Just be sure you've got lots of room in front of you.

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WOT= Wide Open Throttle.

You've never floored your throttle? How did you get the secondary of the four barrel to open? Wait, have you even driven a carbureted car? There are some things the computer won't tell the car to do unless you're all the way "open". Just be sure you've got lots of room in front of you.
Every car I've driven I've never ever floored it lol I keep thinking engines are so delicate ? especially my brand new CVT I think it's glass so I never floor that ish....... I've only did over 60 to 70 mph... embarrassing I know

UnforsaKing

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Hatch = L15BA (weak rods, 10.6:1 pistons, standard cylinder head)
Sedan/Coupe non-Si = L15B7 variant 1 (strong rods, 10.6:1 pistons, standard cylinder head)
Si sedan/coupe = L15B7 variant 2 (strong rods, 10.3:1 pistons, upgraded cylinder head)

Cylinder head upgrades = improved intake cam, HPFP, injectors. Mostly about fueling.
Hi, I am new to the forums here but I've been browsing for a while now.

Thank you for the distinction between the engines, however, would it be possible to have a L15B7 engine in the hatchback? I ask because when I purchased my 2019 hatchback, I noticed that my engine from the EX, had 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. I now believe my engine is the L15B7, unless it is a detuned version of the L15BA. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was originally disappointed that I didn't get the stronger 180 hp from the sport and sport touring models of the hatchback. Fortunately, this now works out in my favor as I am looking to flash my car, most likely with KTuner and because I have the L15B7 variant with the stronger rods, I will be able to drive with more confidence.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi, I am new to the forums here but I've been browsing for a while now.

Thank you for the distinction between the engines, however, would it be possible to have a L15B7 engine in the hatchback? I ask because when I purchased my 2019 hatchback, I noticed that my engine from the EX, had 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. I now believe my engine is the L15B7, unless it is a detuned version of the L15BA. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was originally disappointed that I didn't get the stronger 180 hp from the sport and sport touring models of the hatchback. Fortunately, this now works out in my favor as I am looking to flash my car, most likely with KTuner and because I have the L15B7 variant with the stronger rods, I will be able to drive with more confidence.
It is a de-tuned L15BA, you don't have an L15B7. There's slight tuning differences, different exhaust, and the recommendation for premium fuel in the sport that works out to the 6hp difference. All the hatchbacks were built in Swindon, UK and all use weaker rods (Type R excluded obviously). You don't have anything to worry about with a simple flash tune. Only high power tunes, full bolt ons, etc. without a custom tune is where you start flirting with disaster in my opinion.

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
Hi all new here to civicx just joined nice to meet everyone. gtman thanks bro i been reading alot from you post and decided to buy my EX-T. Almost was going to buy a TLX 2.4 N/A and i was kinda feeling buyers remorse from after driving my new used car from the Dealer. Lasted only a week after i bought my V2 and Phearable maps and not looking at a TLX anymore. For the money you pay it's a really nice bang for the buck. Bone stock. The Tune feels like it likes my engine and so i need at least 2 years without any major issues before i drop a turbo in there, That is just inevitable. Thank you gtman

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting thread. I had no idea about the rod differences. Ktuned for over 60,000 miles and no issues. Lol, a Ford F150 tried to get "ahead" of me on the way home today. Guess he won't try to keep up with a 10th gen Civic anymore. Keeping up with cars that have 300 hp and more, is a joy! All the while getting 35+ mpg!

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting thread. I had no idea about the rod differences. Ktuned for over 60,000 miles and no issues. Lol, a Ford F150 tried to get "ahead" of me on the way home today. Guess he won't try to keep up with a 10th gen Civic anymore. Keeping up with cars that have 300 hp and more, is a joy! All the while getting 35+ mpg!
What you got hatch?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)