Tuning a 10th gen daily driver... just do it!

bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Are you feeling a loss of power or just hearing that sound? If you're hitting your boost targets it's probably just normal turbo sounds magnified by the higher boost.
There’s no loss of power. Everything feels like it should, the only weird thing I noticed was the sound.
Sponsored

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
Hi. I want to know, if the right foot is the most important mod to keeping the torque at minimum at the lower rpm then I believe I can have my car on map 3 full time. Do most people here shy away from map 3 more so? I do here about few not alot who say they run 3 full-time, I just really like the extra kick at the higher rpm.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I run Phearable map 3 almost exclusively. I do exactly that with my right foot. I'm in the mindset of "I have it if I need it, can be chill otherwise"

I think I've switched to map 2 and 1 to see if I'd be happy content running those maps for fuel economy reasons or otherwise.. Nope. When I let my friend drive my car, I put her on map 2 at most. lol

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely think running Map 3 exclusively works great as long as you have xRiCeBoYx's "I have it if I need it, can be chill otherwise", mindset. I mean, most of the time you're light on the throttle but knowing you have that much power when you need/want it is a good thing.

On the other hand, using Map 2 has it's merits, too. With the Phearable 1.5 I run for the non-Si, I still have up to 20 psi available on demand which for most situations is plenty. And by keeping max boost moderate you can maybe eek out even more reliability/longevity. It probably just boils down to how often you "get on it".

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I daily this slowcart and even grab groceries. Was tired of being gapped by Odysseys and people on bicycles. I have bucket seats on the way so I can finally retire the ugly grey cloth. 2.slow means no turbo and no risky tuning maps though so at least I have reliability on my side even if I'm down ~50+hp from the 1.5Ts.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuning a 10th gen daily driver... just do it! 197622308_338581791035660_8123830817298028033_n

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I daily this slowcart and even grab groceries. Was tired of being gapped by Odysseys and people on bicycles. I have bucket seats on the way so I can finally retire the ugly grey cloth. 2.slow means no turbo and no risky tuning maps though so at least I have reliability on my side even if I'm down ~50+hp from the 1.5Ts.

197622308_338581791035660_8123830817298028033_n.jpg
wait..if you remove all your seats, how do passengers sit in your car??

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
I’ve had multiple tunes on both my bugeye wrx, and now my sport hatch. I’ve spent a lot of time and mods dialing in various cars over 35+ years driving.

if you are looking at a DD that is all any reasonable sporty DD should be on the street and are not doing autox or track, my recommendation is a ktuner with phearable race tune (if you have decent 93 available). Definitely a better map than the original. TSP is good too, but not as good IMO.

For other mods:

a PRL hose and drop in filter
whiteline 22 rear sway with accord links
dc front strut bar
good tires

It is a perfect DD IMO.

The 22 rear bar and front strut brace balance the car very well. Yes, you can kick the rear out, but it’s totally controlled if you understand how. Maybe not if you deal with ice and snow, but the car just goes where you point it perfectly.

with the sport hatch, if you haven’t tried this combination, try it!

As for tunes, just do it. You won’t be disappointed. Make sure your battery is fully charged and on a charger when flashing and be patient while it loads.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Nice post. I'm curious why you haven't added your car to my tune reliability thread since you clearly believe in tuning.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had multiple tunes on both my bugeye wrx, and now my sport hatch. I’ve spent a lot of time and mods dialing in various cars over 35+ years driving.

if you are looking at a DD that is all any reasonable sporty DD should be on the street and are not doing autox or track, my recommendation is a ktuner with phearable race tune (if you have decent 93 available). Definitely a better map than the original. TSP is good too, but not as good IMO.

For other mods:

a PRL hose and drop in filter
whiteline 22 rear sway with accord links
dc front strut bar
good tires

It is a perfect DD IMO.

The 22 rear bar and front strut brace balance the car very well. Yes, you can kick the rear out, but it’s totally controlled if you understand how. Maybe not if you deal with ice and snow, but the car just goes where you point it perfectly.

with the sport hatch, if you haven’t tried this combination, try it!

As for tunes, just do it. You won’t be disappointed. Make sure your battery is fully charged and on a charger when flashing and be patient while it loads.
If you want an improvement in turns, add an LSD in your trans if your sport is a 6mt.
My turns are so much smoother with am lsd after driving the the sport hatch without an lsd for 4 years.
I had a 9thgen Si prior to this. I always had that feeling that something was wrong with the turns until the lsd upgrade.
Sponsored