cjgomes

First Name
cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic lx 2018 cvt
Country flag
I tuned my Honda Civic lx cvt 2018 and it runs good but I feel like there car is get stuck at 1000 rpms and 2000 rpms sometimes and yeah when I get past that it feels good but just wondering if anyone else has that it’s the base tune off ktune with throttle response 2
Sponsored

Klap1986

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2019 civic ex 1.5 with cvt does the same thing. It most of the time stays just under 2000 rpm unless i almost floor it or just shift into s. No matter what tune i use on ktuner or tsp it still wants to do it. I got to the point to where i like to take off in s and shift back to d on every takeoff.

OP
OP
cjgomes

cjgomes

First Name
cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic lx 2018 cvt
Country flag
My 2019 civic ex 1.5 with cvt does the same thing. It most of the time stays just under 2000 rpm unless i almost floor it or just shift into s. No matter what tune i use on ktuner or tsp it still wants to do it. I got to the point to where i like to take off in s and shift back to d on every takeoff.
Okay so it’s not just me it’s kinda anoying not gunna lie yeah there’s a big difference with the tune on but that little thing annoys the hell out of me also do u know how reliable the base tune is

Klap1986

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay so it’s not just me it’s kinda anoying not gunna lie yeah there’s a big difference with the tune on but that little thing annoys the hell out of me also do u know how reliable the base tune is
They are all reliable, ktuner, tsp ,map ,i think the tune makes the car want to stay under 2000 rpm on take off to protect the cvt. The low end torque is what kills most cvt from what i read on here.

OP
OP
cjgomes

cjgomes

First Name
cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic lx 2018 cvt
Country flag
They are all reliable, ktuner, tsp ,map ,i think the tune makes the car want to stay under 2000 rpm on take off to protect the cvt. The low end torque is what kills most cvt from what i read on here.
Okay cuz I have AEM cold air intake and invidia n1 exhaust plus the tune I thought it was maybe the air intake or the exhaust messing with after the tune

OP
OP
cjgomes

cjgomes

First Name
cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic lx 2018 cvt
Country flag
Also does your car take little bit longer lower rpms when breaking from ? I guess it would be called lag or something

OP
OP
cjgomes

cjgomes

First Name
cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic lx 2018 cvt
Country flag
Now that I see this post, disregard the email we sent. You made it sound like you were stuck at low RPM when actually on it, not cruising.
So is there a problem then or is it just how the tune is

Klap1986

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't thinkit has to do with the tune ,i thi k it has to do with the cvt. I have a love / hate relationship with my 1.5t cvt lol.
Sponsored