Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very cool. Do you have your data capture connected to ODB2 port? Just curious how you have that logging while having the hondata headunit as well unless you have the capture hooked elsewhere.
I do. OBD splitter ;)
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Yeah, stock is the goal. I had promised myself that I would upgrade to the HFP suspension and maybe swift springs when this one finally gives out.

Do you know who makes the lower ball joints?
Whiteline makes them :) We got an early-release pair for testing on our Red Si. Full impressions here, as well as they're now available for purchase; 25% off to boot as well for Black Friday!

https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=1&_sid=8bef503dd&_ss=r

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whiteline makes them :) We got an early-release pair for testing on our Red Si. Full impressions here, as well as they're now available for purchase; 25% off to boot as well for Black Friday!

https://unity-performance.com/produ...civic-excl-type-r?_pos=1&_sid=8bef503dd&_ss=r
Oh damn, I was about to drop around 180 for the SPC's off MAPerformance's site.

Do you have the specs for how much camber it allows or a spec sheet? I presume the same but just asking in any case.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Oh damn, I was about to drop around 180 for the SPC's off MAPerformance's site.

Do you have the specs for how much camber it allows or a spec sheet? I presume the same but just asking in any case.
With the guide pin removed, you'll get about -1.5 to -1.6 in total. That's also the case with the SPC's we brought some in for testing a while back. Here's some pictures of the Whiteline's on our Red Si

Honda Civic 10th gen Tunes and Tracks 20201027_180401
Honda Civic 10th gen Tunes and Tracks 20201027_182025
Honda Civic 10th gen Tunes and Tracks 20201027_185311

If you're planning on changing your clutch too, or don't mind dropping your subframe then the 27mm solid FSB by Whiteline, and Anti Lift Kit add a lot of stability at high speed, and decrease roll in turns. Picture below is from when we dropped the subframe on our Blue Si to change out the clutch kit, and added these too all at once.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tunes and Tracks DSC_0738.JPG

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Good luck next month, sounds like it'll be prime conditions for you to PB!

I've got a bunch of autoX and track days on my R.

Here's latest run at Streets from yesterday. Have lots of cooling mods, and tuned on e25 at 24psi. No overheating issues.

Ran a 1:26:3xx and had a bit of traffic. Was on balding RE71R's so there's certainly more time.

- Koyo Radiator
- Acuity Reverse Flow hoses
- Varis rep vented hood
- PRL intercooler
- PRL front pipe
- PRL piping kit
- PRL Flex Fuel kit
- PRL Intake
- Remark Spec III Exhaust
I thought that yesterday was going to be perfect weather for no overheating issues at Streets. The high was only around 65, yet still warmed up even in the first two cooler sessions.

Ran a 1:25.7xx on used RE71Rs, and last time I was there was 5 years ago in my 86.

-Suspension 100% stock
-P.mu Club Racers (front only)
-APR GTC-300 (61")
-Hondata 91 Octane Basemap
-PRL intake hose thing

It's starting to kinda-sorta get to me that just when I start to get in the groove, the car gets warm. Is a custom ethanol tune and [insert any given list of $$$ cooling mods] the only way that I'll be able to turn laps? Actually, your first 3 items aren't too too bad on the wallet, especially if hood isn't absolutely necessary. I'm not planning on touching intake or exhaust stuff any time soon. At the track you mentioned that your tune was a big factor. Stupid question for you:

Can a "cooler" tune be achieved on 91 octane?

BTW, nice driving man. Hopefully I can get closer to you at Chuckwalla on these 71Rs.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought that yesterday was going to be perfect weather for no overheating issues at Streets. The high was only around 65, yet still warmed up even in the first two cooler sessions.

Ran a 1:25.7xx on used RE71Rs, and last time I was there was 5 years ago in my 86.

-Suspension 100% stock
-P.mu Club Racers (front only)
-APR GTC-300 (61")
-Hondata 91 Octane Basemap
-PRL intake hose thing

It's starting to kinda-sorta get to me that just when I start to get in the groove, the car gets warm. Is a custom ethanol tune and [insert any given list of $$$ cooling mods] the only way that I'll be able to turn laps? Actually, your first 3 items aren't too too bad on the wallet, especially if hood isn't absolutely necessary. I'm not planning on touching intake or exhaust stuff any time soon. At the track you mentioned that your tune was a big factor. Stupid question for you:

Can a "cooler" tune be achieved on 91 octane?

BTW, nice driving man. Hopefully I can get closer to you at Chuckwalla on these 71Rs.
Thank you! Was my first time at Chuckwallla and absolutely loved the track. If you're at a 1:25 at streets, you'll def get to a 2-min lap to Chuck.

So my personal route to no overheating started with the ethanol tune with lower boost, and had great success, even before the vented hood. The more open grill, radiator and hoses certainly helped a lot too.

In terms of running a cooler tune on 91, you can most certainly do so. Just needs to be custom tuned, as the Honda OTS maps run high boost and generate a ton of heat. When I ran the 91 basempas, I had the same issue as you. Could never get more than half session without needing to crank the heater and do cool down laps.

@blackfc1 was able to solve overheating with just a C&R Race radiator, and the Hondata Flex basemap. Neither of us had overheating issues at Chuckwalla, and we both ran full sessions.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Thank you! Was my first time at Chuckwallla and absolutely loved the track. If you're at a 1:25 at streets, you'll def get to a 2-min lap to Chuck.

So my personal route to no overheating started with the ethanol tune with lower boost, and had great success, even before the vented hood. The more open grill, radiator and hoses certainly helped a lot too.

In terms of running a cooler tune on 91, you can most certainly do so. Just needs to be custom tuned, as the Honda OTS maps run high boost and generate a ton of heat. When I ran the 91 basempas, I had the same issue as you. Could never get more than half session without needing to crank the heater and do cool down laps.

@blackfc1 was able to solve overheating with just a C&R Race radiator, and the Hondata Flex basemap. Neither of us had overheating issues at Chuckwalla, and we both ran full sessions.
You were moving out there! I was impressed by your ability to adapt and chop away at those times being your first time. We're either going back next month with Team Topak or in January with NASA.

Good to know that I can get a cooler tune on 91. This allows me to work with what I currently have and progressively add to it. As always, thanks for putting in the work and sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

Last edited:

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another track day, another success. No overheating, though it was cold out, ambient no more than 60 on track.

Same setup as before expect Voltex 2V rear wing.

Enjoy!

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We broke 1:30 at Big Willow! This time tuned on e50 with the new XDI high pressure fuel pump. Was able to run the entire session with no cooling issues at all.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another track day, another big success. Was able to take home P1 in Race Modified and shave 3.3s off my last PB at Chuckwalla. Setup is the same as Big Willow however running 275/35/18 Falken RT660 tires. Enjoy!

Sponsored