Tunerview lite speed display

JiiJii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Country flag
Does tunerview get its speed measurements from ecu or GPS? My cars speedometer shows few km/h too much but tunerview shows the correct speed (checked witf my phones GPS). Speedometer and tunerview show different speed (83 and 80 km/h)
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
Does tunerview get its speed measurements from ecu or GPS? My cars speedometer shows few km/h too much but tunerview shows the correct speed (checked witf my phones GPS). Speedometer and tunerview show different speed (83 and 80 km/h)
From the ECU.

OP
OP

JiiJii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Country flag
Thats interesting, the car knows the correct speed but Honda has decited to add about 5% to the speedometer reading.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Thats interesting, the car knows the correct speed but Honda has decited to add about 5% to the speedometer reading.
It's not uncommon. Motorcycles have even more of a difference between actual speed and displayed speed... some up to 10%. I have a Speedo Healer on my bike to adjust the display to actual speed.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Could you imagine the speeding citation lawsuits against auto manufacturers if the speedo read under the actual speed? That's why they display over your actual speed.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag

in some cases when you upgrade or downgrade wheel size honda tells u to connect to IHDS unit to tell the car whats on it so maybe thats where the ecu is pulling the data.

OP
OP

JiiJii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Country flag
I'd like the speedo to show the correct speed, I drive the speed just under speed cameras settings to get tickets.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I'd like the speedo to show the correct speed, I drive the speed just under speed cameras settings to get tickets.
Then you would want it to read like it is to not get a ticket. Or we can talk about tire pressure, tread depth and wind error that will change your speed. And cause tickets if the manufacturer made it accurate to stock tires and no margin for error.

sacklzement

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T CVT
Country flag
On my car:

200 km/h ECU speed is 195 km/h GPS speed

124 mph ECU speed is 121 mph GPS speed
Sponsored