TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
is Honda Hack necessary or just to root it then load the USB?
Sponsored

R.Andre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yes!! :headbang: I'm planning to get a ktuner in the near future, but im waiting on the Mishimoto Intercooler first. Summer in Cali looks like is gonna be really bad.

SandyEggoSi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Rallye Red
Country flag
For those that want a easy web base install or doesn't have a laptop. You can e-mail ( [email protected] ) the creator of the app directly for the web install. Just tell him you have a 2016-18 Civic and you are interested in getting the web base hondahack install
He will give you a URL with a password to enter into your browser and you follow the steps on the screen.
I tried to get us a forum use only password/url but he said to just have each user to e-mail him.

For 2018 users , you will need to enable the browser from the diagnostic menu. Also I believe they changed the bluetooth coding on the 2018 headunit. It's having trouble pairing to a non phone device
Ok, so u need a Windows laptop to install tuner view lite? That would explain why I can't find the app on my google play store on my phone. I have a windows laptop so we're good there. Correct me if I'm wrong please. =)

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so u need a Windows laptop to install tuner view lite? That would explain why I can't find the app on my google play store on my phone. I have a windows laptop so we're good there. Correct me if I'm wrong please. =)
i emailed him shortly after news dropped later in the evening. he responded the next morning. its just a simple URL in china and an authorization number. worked flawlessly.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There's a link to the app in the directions. It says to put it on a USB drive and plug it in to the vehicle, then install the app from the head unit itself.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes!! :headbang: I'm planning to get a ktuner in the near future, but im waiting on the Mishimoto Intercooler first. Summer in Cali looks like is gonna be really bad.
Nothing wrong with waiting but you definitely don't need an intercooler to have fun with an ECU programmer.

R.Andre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Nothing wrong with waiting but you definitely don't need an intercooler to have fun with an ECU programmer.
I know but I dont have that much money to buy one after another and I dont want to used my credit (planning to buy a house soon) so If i buy the tuner, the Intercooler will have to wait for another 2-3 months until I save to buy it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know but I dont have that much money to buy one after another and I dont want to used my credit (planning to buy a house soon) so If i buy the tuner, the Intercooler will have to wait for another 2-3 months until I save to buy it.
None of it is worth straining your finances in any way, I was just saying that you get a lot more bang for your buck from the tuner. An IC is nice but far from required. Regardless, nothing wrong with doing the IC first.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
None of it is worth straining your finances in any way
This ^

I was just saying that you get a lot more bang for your buck from the tuner.
This is true. There's limitations from the factory so you'll just continue to see pullback with an intercooler added.

Hatchbackboi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a v2. Basically u would need trade down to a v1 if I wanted a stealth install since the module is smaller and stays on the obi port ?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I have a v2. Basically u would need trade down to a v1 if I wanted a stealth install since the module is smaller and stays on the obi port ?
No, you can put the v2 in or behind the cubby or even in the glove box if you really want to hide it. Defeats the purpose of the unit, but to each their own! :)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sell the V2, buy V1.2 and enjoy the leftover cash. :thumbsup:

Hatchbackboi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
But the v2 has to be connected within its long obi cable to transmit data via Bluetooth to the head unit so I would have a long cable running to those spots to "store" it correct?

beefalo

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I definitely bought KTuner (1.2) as my first performance mod, and as the savings permit will add others.

Saw a lot of people on the forums recommend it as the best band for your buck, and they weren’t lying. Very pleased with the purchase, and the support. Getting an Android radio the end of this month and will be able to utilize this awesome app!
Sponsored