NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my wife a 2019 Si. I'll see what I can do. Is there @KTuner support for the 19's yet? Her car is stock and slow and it needs a little extra oomph. ;)
Sponsored

CrashTestJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I just got my wife a 2019 Si. I'll see what I can do. Is there @KTuner support for the 19's yet? Her car is stock and slow and it needs a little extra oomph. ;)

"Wife's Daily - 2019 Civic Si Sedan - Stock."

Man, that lasted even shorter than I expected! :)

Look out man, now that she has the same car there's no remorse for buying even more parts. You can just install what you're not using on her ride! Congrats!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Wife's Daily - 2019 Civic Si Sedan - Stock."

Man, that lasted even shorter than I expected! :)

Look out man, now that she has the same car there's no remorse for buying even more parts. You can just install what you're not using on her ride! Congrats!
LOL. She'll get my hand-me down parts. :D

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Our base tunes and signature quick adjustments are available for the 2019 Sis, yes. Advanced features are not yet available.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The problem I have with the app is that I need to re-pair it every time I use it.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
The problem I have with the app is that I need to re-pair it every time I use it.
Pairing is handled by the android system not by the app so it’s not really an app issue.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right, but why is this app the only bluetooth app I have installed that un-pairs itself after each use? It's a legit question and I've read others who have the same issue.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right, but why is this app the only bluetooth app I have installed that un-pairs itself after each use? It's a legit question and I've read others who have the same issue.
The KTuner unit gets unpaired by the android system. The app does nothing with pairing or unpairing. The headhnit OS is not a good one and they limiting bunch of Bluetooth stuff.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you're connecting from within the app (Still handled by the system) it's not quite the same as adding the device to bluetooth settings. Maybe that's the difference you're experiencing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Ktuner device is listed in my Bluetooth settings, that's never an issue.

Everytime I go to run the Tunerview app, it won't connect to Ktuner. So I have to pair the app up again with Ktuner and it works for that session. I've tried autoconnect and manual connect. I don't keep the Ktuner plugged into my car. So, the next time I want to use the app, I plug Ktuner in, press connect on the Tunerview app, and again, it doesn't connect until I pair it again.

It's workable, but still kind of annoying. Don't get me wrong, the app itself is fantastic once I get it up and running.

Last edited:

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Ktuner device is listed in my Bluetooth settings, that's never an issue.

Everytime I go to run the Tunerview app, it won't connect to Ktuner. So I have to pair the app up again with Ktuner and it works for that session. I've tried autoconnect and manual connect. I don't keep the Ktuner plugged into my car. So, the next time I want to use the app, I plug Ktuner in, press connect on the Tunerview app, and again, it doesn't connect until I pair it again.

It's workable, but still kind of annoying. Don't get me wrong, the app itself is fantastic once I get it up and running.
I understand that and it's a weird issue. But the app just calls an android system service to connect/pair...etc, Did you tried to leave the KTuner unit in the car?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No. I don't like leaving it in the car.

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Is It generally recommended to update the tuner view lite app for the headunit or reinstall when you guys release new versions or do you guys release new versions of the head unit app often?

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is It generally recommended to update the tuner view lite app for the headunit or reinstall when you guys release new versions or do you guys release new versions of the head unit app often?
We will add version number, release date and changelog to the download page.
Sponsored