Tunerview having trouble connecting/staying connected.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
So Ive noticed that sometimes tunerview will have trouble connecting to the KTuner v1.2. The odd thing is sometimes it will still say "connecting" but the data is reading fine in the background. Sometimes it will finally connect but a few minuets later it starts trying to connect again, and sometimes it wont connect at all and will sit in "connecting" forever. Even while the data is showing. Any ideas on what to look at? Ive mostly noticed this after driving for awhile (10min+). Usual setup is phone plugged in for android auto and have google maps running for traffic updates.
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
So Ive noticed that sometimes tunerview will have trouble connecting to the KTuner v1.2. The odd thing is sometimes it will still say "connecting" but the data is reading fine in the background. Sometimes it will finally connect but a few minuets later it starts trying to connect again, and sometimes it wont connect at all and will sit in "connecting" forever. Even while the data is showing. Any ideas on what to look at? Ive mostly noticed this after driving for awhile (10min+). Usual setup is phone plugged in for android auto and have google maps running for traffic updates.
Android auto is cause all of these issues. You have to connect TunerView first and Android Auto after, that works most of the time.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, known issue. I find it happens regardless of running CarPlay or not.

I think it’s a memory use issue from our headunits, so, my workaround:
I’ve set the steering wheel key mapping feature in HondaHack to set Key #8 (the ’down’ button on the lefthand d-pad, which is redundant with the ’up’ button because it simply scrolls through audio input options) for two mapping operations: 1) short-press -> clear cache turbo, and 2) long-press -> activate TunerView.

Now, if I want TunerView, I hit the left d-pad ‘down’ button once, then long-press it. Super simple, no fuss, no muss, and TunerView shows up perfectly with no connection error.

OP
OP
Velonici

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep, known issue. I find it happens regardless of running CarPlay or not.

I think it’s a memory use issue from our headunits, so, my workaround:
I’ve set the steering wheel key mapping feature in HondaHack to set Key #8 (the ’down’ button on the lefthand d-pad, which is redundant with the ’up’ button because it simply scrolls through audio input options) for two mapping operations: 1) short-press -> clear cache turbo, and 2) long-press -> activate TunerView.

Now, if I want TunerView, I hit the left d-pad ‘down’ button once, then long-press it. Super simple, no fuss, no muss, and TunerView shows up perfectly with no connection error.
Ill give that a shot. Thanks.

OP
OP
Velonici

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Android auto is cause all of these issues. You have to connect TunerView first and Android Auto after, that works most of the time.
Good to know, thanks. Sucks that its so intermittent. Sometimes there are no issues and sometimes there are.
Sponsored