First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This might seem like a dumb question, but I can run tunerview without a ktuner and view all my temps, knock control, etc right? I want to start looking at my parameters and getting a good idea of what "normal" is before tuning.
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not possible. First, when you buy the app you have to associate it with a tuner type (i.e. Ktuner, Hondata, etc.) before it fully opens. Second, you need to be connected to the ECU which is done through the tuner. I like your thought process, and many of us would like to do it, too. But, if you want to view the parameters it means shelling out the cash for a tuner.

OP
OP
disgraced.fk8

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you mean I have to sit there, with the tuner hooked up, and resist flashing at least a base tune? I don't know if I have that willpower :lol:

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
So you mean I have to sit there, with the tuner hooked up, and resist flashing at least a base tune? I don't know if I have that willpower :lol:
You need a KTuner unit to use TunerView, but you can use it without flashing a base tune, so you can can see what is normal before tuning.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This might seem like a dumb question, but I can run tunerview without a ktuner and view all my temps, knock control, etc right? I want to start looking at my parameters and getting a good idea of what "normal" is before tuning.
OP, I understand what your thinking is, but honestly, if you get a KTuner, use high octane gas and run a base tune, your parameters (fuel trims, IAT's, knock control etc.) won't be far off from stock (except for the power of course lol).

The issues seem to happen mostly when people start adding full bolt-ons and don't get their cars a proper custom tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
disgraced.fk8

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP, I understand what your thinking is, but honestly, if you get a KTuner, use high octane gas and run a base tune, your parameters (fuel trims, IAT's, knock control etc.) won't be far off from stock (except for the power of course lol).

The issues seem to happen mostly when people start adding full bolt-ons and don't get their cars a proper custom tune.
Thank you for the reply gtman! I have been doing a lot of research lately as I'm likely pulling the trigger soon ish here, so I want to make sure I am well versed. I have the Mishsi intake and a greddy 3" exhaust, and plan to go PRL catless downpipe sometime after getting the tune and trying different maps. I feel like this could be on the line as far as needing a custom tune. I haven't really seen anybody with just those 2 running a custom tune.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Is this possible without voiding warranty?
So you can easily flash your car back to the factory tune before bringing it into the dealer, but they can probably see the log files of the different tunes being loaded...if they went through all the trouble to look into it.

OP
OP
disgraced.fk8

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this possible without voiding warranty?
Technically if you do not flash the ECU with a tune, you have not tampered with it. You're simply pulling data that is already present in the car and showing it on the screen.

Now if you were to honda hack your head unit in order to show these parameters, technically you are modifying the head unit software and this would be considered voiding your warranty - at least for the head unit. If you don't have the Ktuner v2 (comes with a screen) you can simply use the v1.2 with a laptop or cell phone to view the readings, you do not need to hack the head unit.

I will firmly tell you that once you have the unit in there it will be hard to resist flashing a tune. Especially when you hear everyone talk about how amazing the difference is. I tuned my CVT sport hatch and ran it for 35k miles or so and it was night and day. When I flashed to stock to trade the car in, I couldn't believe it was the same car.

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Technically if you do not flash the ECU with a tune, you have not tampered with it. You're simply pulling data that is already present in the car and showing it on the screen.

Now if you were to honda hack your head unit in order to show these parameters, technically you are modifying the head unit software and this would be considered voiding your warranty - at least for the head unit. If you don't have the Ktuner v2 (comes with a screen) you can simply use the v1.2 with a laptop or cell phone to view the readings, you do not need to hack the head unit.

I will firmly tell you that once you have the unit in there it will be hard to resist flashing a tune. Especially when you hear everyone talk about how amazing the difference is. I tuned my CVT sport hatch and ran it for 35k miles or so and it was night and day. When I flashed to stock to trade the car in, I couldn't believe it was the same car.
i already have honda hack and ktuner 1.2 but my ac is probably giving out soon so im probably going to take it in soon to get that checked out before i void my warranty. I hear a squealing sound when my ac is on coming from the dash/glovebox area.
Sponsored