Tuners - who can I hire to help me start over after Kefi's disappearance?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
Hello,

I am one of the guys left out in the cold after Kefi took our money and didn't finish his job. I am on tune revision #2 and he never reviewed my log of that tune. I would like to hire a tuner to help me complete the process or start over (and possibly even have a phone call or 2 to discuss my desires and options, something Kefi would never agree to do for some reason - that should have been a sign for me).

My car is a 2021 CTR with about 5k miles. Only modifications are a Sequence catback and a panel air filter replacement and I have no intention of doing further changes. Just want a good, safe 93oct tune with maybe some slight customization of power-in-gear.

So if you are a tuner who wants my money and will actually be responsive and help with what should be a fairly easy process, please reply or PM me so we can get going.

Thank you!
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
OP
OP

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
Thank you all for the responses! Drob's name kept coming up in my research so I just ordered his tuning.

Just FYI, I have worked with a number of tuners over the years - AED, Stratified, Mountune, etc - and I have never experienced anything but overall great customer service from all of them. This Kefi situation is so weird and frustrating. And I could use some other unkind words but I was raised better than that.

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
Is Kefi okay? I’d rather be ripped off than anything to happen to him. Here’s hoping.

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I heard he has family problems. I think there was a post somewhat explaining. But I do agree with peoples frustrations. You can’t just take peoples money and not finish the job you were suppose to finish, that’s not right. At least finish it then not take any more clients. It sounds like bad business. I wish he’s good though and if/when he does come back. He finishes his tunes or give a discount or just return the money he owes to the people who have been waiting. Fair? I think so. But to your question. I think you got it. Drob

Boomstick1832

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2015 Honda Civic
Country flag
Well crap looks like I need to get into the refund process with my bank.
I placed a tune order a couple weeks ago and didn't know any of this... 😬

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Thank you all for the responses! Drob's name kept coming up in my research so I just ordered his tuning.

Just FYI, I have worked with a number of tuners over the years - AED, Stratified, Mountune, etc - and I have never experienced anything but overall great customer service from all of them. This Kefi situation is so weird and frustrating. And I could use some other unkind words but I was raised better than that.
Dude was super responsive and kind in the community, personally I think he is either dead or otherwise incapacitated. I tend to believe the best of people, and he didn't strike me as a grifter with his constant and friendly contributions around here.

Hope he is well, but based on how long of an absence, I don't think we will hear from him again and may never know why...but I don't think it's by his choice.

OP
OP

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
I am very, very sympathetic to family and health issues, physical or mental. I certainly would not wish ill to him or anyone else and I really do hope that he and his family are safe and healthy.

But . . . whether it's a contractor doing a remodel, an IT guy fixing your computers, an attorney helping you with a divorce, etc, if you pay money up front and don't get their service, it's not cool. At the very least, Kefi should have notified customers of his inability to complete his service and given us options (refund, continue waiting until he is available again, etc). Instead, he chose to pass messages along 2nd or 3rd hand to forum members about his reason for falling off the face of the earth. I know nothing about the guy - maybe he's a 19 year old finding his way in the world - but I hope he is ok and learns from this experience that he needs to handle his business in a more mature and thoughtful manner. Otherwise, it leads to speculation about his character.

Last edited:

Boomstick1832

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2015 Honda Civic
Country flag
I am very, very sympathetic to family and health issues, physical or mental. I certainly would not wish ill to him or anyone else and I really do hope that he and his family are safe and healthy.

But . . . whether it's a contractor doing a remodel, an IT guy fixing your computers, an attorney helping you with a divorce, etc, if you pay money up front and don't get their service, it's not cool. At the very least, Kefi should have notified customers of his inability to complete his service and given us options (refund, continue waiting until he is available again, etc). Instead, he chose to pass messages along 2nd or 3rd hand to forum members about his reason for falling off the face of the earth. I know nothing about the guy - maybe he's a 19 year old finding his way in the world - but I hope he is ok and learns from this experience that he needs to handle his business in a more mature and thoughtful manner. Otherwise, it leads to speculation about his character.

Yeah nothing against him, I just have a build that needs a proper tune and it can't wait an unknown amount of time with no communication. I do hope he is ok regardless.