Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
I'll add to this.. complete horse crap what that guy is talking about. I went from a top brand carbon fibre intake with the PRL titanium inlet pipe. Went to a PRL HVI and it made 10wbhp and 14wtq with a warmer ambient temp. This was done by a well known and trusted UK tuner, have dyno proof as well!
Sponsored

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'll add to this.. complete horse crap what that guy is talking about. I went from a top brand carbon fibre intake with the PRL titanium inlet pipe. Went to a PRL HVI and it made 10wbhp and 14wtq with a warmer ambient temp. This was done by a well known and trusted UK tuner, have dyno proof as well!
Agreed. No issues with the TIP and the HV PRL intake. Too much air flow? Something doesn't add up. I have an eTune by Dereck. Car runs great on those and no issues tuning with either. Tuner doesn't know how to tune if that was really their statement.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
His dyno numbers ready abnormally high compared to other dynos here in south Florida using the same cars.
He uses several different dynos...

..and who cares? I sure don’t care about the final #’s. I just want optimal/safe performance. A dyno is merely a tool.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My personal experience.

The PRL HVI Intake ran great on a basemap. Once the tuner pushed things the car started acting up. I made 366whp/355wtq. At 22psi Later on I decided to add meth injection and the problems with airflow got worse. At this point the tuner started telling me about my fuel pump going bad. I replied there is no signs on the datalog that indicates the fuel pump was going bad. Im talking about one of the best tuners worldwide. Long story short I stopped getting support from the tuner. Got ahold of a different tuner and tell him about my issue. Went to the road to street tune the car and he tuned the AFMv tables and problem disappeared. Went back to the dyno and made 405whp/400wtq. Bad fuel pump huh? Smh.

So my advice to the OP find a tuner who knows what he is doing. Not all CTR’s experience this. My car specially hates the PRL HVI but after tuning the sensor it just loves it.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I am also tuned by Derek at IMW and have great success. I used to have the PRL HVI and recently upgraded to the Eventuri intake + CF inlet. The new setup proved to be more efficient and less boost was needed to hit the requested torque. Highly recommend Derek as he's one of the most if not the most experienced tuner for this platform.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Derf tuned mine also....370/380...very happy..
Just a question, is this guys name Diirk, or Derek?
I think he tuned my EVO. If it is indeed the same guy, I can attest he's great. I had a HP target, but also had a request that he keep the curve as smooth as possible, even if that meant coming up short of my 550whp goal on a stock block, while not running more than 30psi.

He got me to 548, @ 30psi, and it's oh sooo smooth. I heard he was still doing tuning, but didn't know where exactly.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
My personal experience.

The PRL HVI Intake ran great on a basemap. Once the tuner pushed things the car started acting up. I made 366whp/355wtq. At 22psi Later on I decided to add meth injection and the problems with airflow got worse. At this point the tuner started telling me about my fuel pump going bad. I replied there is no signs on the datalog that indicates the fuel pump was going bad. Im talking about one of the best tuners worldwide. Long story short I stopped getting support from the tuner. Got ahold of a different tuner and tell him about my issue. Went to the road to street tune the car and he tuned the AFMv tables and problem disappeared. Went back to the dyno and made 405whp/400wtq. Bad fuel pump huh? Smh.

So my advice to the OP find a tuner who knows what he is doing. Not all CTR’s experience this. My car specially hates the PRL HVI but after tuning the sensor it just loves it.
exactly!
Sponsored