aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Obviously, in Mexico, but on the way to work this early morning I'm rolling up to a highway stoplight where the Camaro sits. The light turns green as I get down to maybe 20mph. He starts slow rolling to maybe 30, then guns it. I think I was in third and I gun it too. We get around a little bend, with zero traffic around, and I hang with him up to about 105, without him pulling away at all. As we approach the downtown area where cops like to hang out and more traffic tends to merge in I back off to about 90 as he continues to go. We get through that area, everything opens back up and he's slowed down enough that I'm just behind him again. We both take off again and get up to about 115mph without me falling behind. He starts slowing down and of course I had to catch up and pass him to make sure he saw he was getting hung with by a lowly Civic. Lots of fun.
Sponsored

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
RS maybe...SS not likely unless other driver wasn’t giving it the full beans.

Stock SS is a low 12 sec car @115mph and easily 20mph stronger in the 1/4 mile than a perfectly driven SI.

Even a Civic Type R would have trouble chasing down a lowly RS Camaro V6 with both running high 13s @ ~100 ish.

The SS would put multiple bus length on both.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
RS maybe...SS not likely unless other driver wasn’t giving it the full beans.

Stock SS is a low 12 sec car @115mph and easily 20mph stronger in the 1/4 mile than a perfectly driven SI.

Even a Civic Type R would have trouble chasing down a lowly RS Camaro V6 with both running high 13s @ ~100 ish.

The SS would put multiple bus length on both.
This is incorrect the type r only loses on the line due to fwd. a stock type r walks down a v6 camaro no problem. V6 camaro is similar power but larger loss due to drive train and about 800 lbs more. V6 camaro dynos 280whp but at the very highest rpm. A type r power band is much larger than non turbo v6. A 30 mph a type r wins easily. A properly fully tuned full bolt on 93 octane can outrun both new and old ss. Done right it can hang with a 10 speed auto new mustang gt. Which is faster than camaro ss. A water meth fk8 will outrun a 10 speed gt mustang.

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From a roll, a tuned Sport Hatch, let alone a tuned SI, pulls ahead of an RS (4 cylinder) Camaro. My friend who has the RS and I have raced several times and my tuned Sport Hatch pulled ahead every time by a car or two.

Not sure about the V6 RS, but an SS, no chance.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously, in Mexico, but on the way to work this early morning ...
That's one hell of a commute considering you live in Ohio. :cool:

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
It is a rough commute! It was still dark when we were running this morning and even though we got off at the same exit and we stayed close on the side streets I couldn't tell if rs or ss. I assume rs. Either way a good time and maybe the fastest I've ever made it to work!

Also, I didn't realize rs was a 4 cylinder... That makes me significantly less proud.

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
This is incorrect the type r only loses on the line due to fwd. a stock type r walks down a v6 camaro no problem. V6 camaro is similar power but larger loss due to drive train and about 800 lbs more. V6 camaro dynos 280whp but at the very highest rpm. A type r power band is much larger than non turbo v6. A 30 mph a type r wins easily. A properly fully tuned full bolt on 93 octane can outrun both new and old ss. Done right it can hang with a 10 speed auto new mustang gt. Which is faster than camaro ss. A water meth fk8 will outrun a 10 speed gt mustang.
I’ll concede you’re probably right about running down a V6, but it’ll take a LOT more to run down a 10A in a coyote or SS from an SI.

I miss my 19’ SS but I enjoy this civic a lot more. The SS was like driving a really fast periscope.
Sponsored