King Journey

First Name
Journey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX, 2003 Lancer
Country flag
Hey guys anyone know how quick a tuned 6SM hatch is compared to a Si or WRX modded or stock? Has anyone personally driven both a tuned hatch and or Si or WRX? Please leave input, deciding on a 2021 purchase. Currently have a stock CVT that I don't plan on modding.
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Hey guys anyone know how quick a tuned 6SM hatch is compared to a Si or WRX modded or stock? Has anyone personally driven both a tuned hatch and or Si or WRX? Please leave input, deciding on a 2021 purchase. Currently have a stock CVT that I don't plan on modding.
Too early to talk about what to get IMO. The new gen Civic comes out this year and the new WRX comes out in 2021.

OP
OP
King Journey

King Journey

First Name
Journey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Too early to talk about what to get IMO. The new gen Civic comes out this year and the new WRX comes out in 2021.
I honestly thought 2021 was last year for each.... Either way I plan on getting the last of this generation. Don't wanna be a guinea pig for next gen lol. With no news or reveals I don't believe 2021 will be the start imo. But I could be wrong who knows.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
They were saying that the successor of the Subaru VA chassis is due to be released by mid to late 2021. Expect that the new WRX STi to have a DIT FA24 engine with around 320-400hp.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
I honestly thought 2021 was last year for each.... Either way I plan on getting the last of this generation. Don't wanna be a guinea pig for next gen lol. With no news or reveals I don't believe 2021 will be the start imo. But I could be wrong who knows.
Early adopters do kinda get shafted lol. If I were you I would get the Si but I'm definitely biased though. I preferred the look of the hatchback but I was able to get a deal for the Si that was just a bit more than the Sport hatch so it made sense. I thought I was going to go for the 2018 WRX but the smaller trunk, lack of keyless entry/push button start on the base WRX, and no Carplay/Android Auto at a higher cost turned me away.

They were saying that the successor of the Subaru VA chassis is due to be released by mid to late 2021. Expect that the new WRX STi to have a DIT FA24 engine with around 320-400hp.
Can't wait to see what's to come.

OP
OP
King Journey

King Journey

First Name
Journey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Early adopters do kinda get shafted lol. If I were you I would get the Si but I'm definitely biased though. I preferred the look of the hatchback but I was able to get a deal for the Si that was just a bit more than the Sport hatch so it made sense. I thought I was going to go for the 2018 WRX but the smaller trunk, lack of keyless entry/push button start on the base WRX, and no Carplay/Android Auto at a higher cost turned me away.

Can't wait to see what's to come.
Honestly I'm in the same position love the hatch. The Si sedan looks ok to me.
Tryna see if that extra 25 hp and LSD is worth it.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The LSD might be the best part of the Si over the regular 1.5t variants. You can tune for a bit more power and the sport mode isn't a night and day difference, but the LSD working when putting power down coming out of corners is great.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm trading my 2017 6MT hatch sport for an Si. It's a friggin' steal at $2k more than the hatch for LSD, LEDs, sport seats, suspension, stereo etc.

The WRX just feels kind of ancient, the interior was already old when it came out. Still drives great, but it seems dumb to buy one when the new model is a year away. I'd at least want to see what the new model looks like and has. If they drop the ball then get a last model year WRX.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I think a WRX is a better track car, with better mods and power upgrades, but the Si/HB are better "bang for your buck" and daily driver cars

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
I own a hatch but never driven anything with an LSD. Would love to follow up on this with si vs hatch owners. I have Ktuner 1.2 and TSP Stage 1 on and the hatch zips. Hatch as a daily is great due to the trunk space and I personally like the look better. Wish they made a hatch Si :(

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I own a hatch but never driven anything with an LSD. Would love to follow up on this with si vs hatch owners. I have Ktuner 1.2 and TSP Stage 1 on and the hatch zips. Hatch as a daily is great due to the trunk space and I personally like the look better. Wish they made a hatch Si :(
I had a 2018 sport hatch MT. Now I have a 2020 Si Sedan. I miss the hatch functionality and the look, but have no regrets. Si has so much more for just a few thousand more.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Don’t forget the wrx are notorious for having lots of maintenance and are far more expensive to keep over the long run on general compared to the hondas
Sponsored