19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have no idea, people chase numbers all the time, you said 12’s. Relax. Technically I would rather have high 11’s.
Sponsored

DougNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback 3.6R, F150 3.5TT
Country flag
Curious. By your question/comment..do you think they'd be stupid and tune it dangerously?

I'm not sure what's up with people on this site with these comments, lead on question, etc.

The place I went to has been doing this for a while. Did you think a tuner near you was the one and only and any other couldn't possibly know how to tune?

Just blows my mind...I left most of the Facebook groups because of stuff like this...looks like I need to venture off else where lol...
Wow, super defensive of people asking what your AFR is? Yes, there are plenty of tuners out there that will tune people's car to the edge of what is an acceptable AFR and the first time you do a long highway pull or get some bad gas, engine go boom.

Ever heard the saying "you can run rich many times, but lean only once"? That's even more true on boosted engines. Back in the day, with less sophisticated ECUs, we would look for 10:1 or even 9:1 under full boost.

These guys are just trying to help you out......trust, but verify.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, super defensive of people asking what your AFR is? Yes, there are plenty of tuners out there that will tune people's car to the edge of what is an acceptable AFR and the first time you do a long highway pull or get some bad gas, engine go boom.

Ever heard the saying "you can run rich many times, but lean only once"? That's even more true on boosted engines. Back in the day, with less sophisticated ECUs, we would look for 10:1 or even 9:1 under full boost.

These guys are just trying to help you out......trust, but verify.

This 100%

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Curious. By your question/comment..do you think they'd be stupid and tune it dangerously?

I'm not sure what's up with people on this site with these comments, lead on question, etc.

The place I went to has been doing this for a while. Did you think a tuner near you was the one and only and any other couldn't possibly know how to tune?

Just blows my mind...I left most of the Facebook groups because of stuff like this...looks like I need to venture off else where lol...
I left the facebook group with “Aston Martin” as the admin. As soon as someone said something he disagreed, him and his minions will jump on them from what I saw.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

nice numbers. I am still anti bov as you know but your car, your money.
im still on fb groups for the fun arguments these people love to have lol.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I left the facebook group with “Aston Martin” as the admin. As soon as someone said something he disagreed, him and his minions will jump on them from what I saw.
thats because he’s a cancerous moron who doesn’t know what he’s talking about and just fronts to get more “partners” to pay him to promote products.

He banned and blocked me because I questioned his verbiage of “9-way adjustable” sway bar. ?

Anyhow - Good to hear your results with a proper tune @02SilverSiHB, sounds like your AFR’s are proper, I wouldn’t worry too much.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
thats because he’s a cancerous moron who doesn’t know what he’s talking about and just fronts to get more “partners” to pay him to promote products.

He banned and blocked me because I questioned his verbiage of “9-way adjustable” sway bar. ?

Anyhow - Good to hear your results with a proper tune @02SilverSiHB, sounds like your AFR’s are proper, I wouldn’t worry too much.
So you were that person. LOL. He gave me crap and tried to bully me when I originally said that it was likely that the badge numbers were correlated with model year. That didn't end up with any repercussions to me (I somehow got him to half agree with me). He banned me for a week after I told someone to be on the safe side and use a steering wheel puller instead of using the hit-your-steering-wheel-repeatedly-with-a-mallet method that he shows on his tutorials. I did claim that using his method could result in damage to the steering column and it was better to play it safe since pullers are free to borrow if you live near any car parts place.

Weeks later I said something about the CTR being fuel limited and not having major issues with its internals unless you push high torque/power at lower RPM and linked to the CivicX' modding and tuning megathread after someone asked if the CTR motor was fragile. He tried to say CivicX was full of misinformation and belittle me again. I asked him if it was so bad why he didn't come here himself and fix it. He came back with them wanting him to pay to use it. I played stupid and kept pushing why he has to pay to use a free forum :p He kept asking who I was and kind of creeped on my FB profile page before blocking me (that was kind of creepy). Welp, I guess the secret of who I am is out if he still follows this forum :p

Edit: he blocked me after that last encounter.

Last edited:

FaDz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 200sx sev6; 2018 civic type-r
Country flag
Great numbers! I have pretty much the same mods as you and running the bov aswell. Havent got a custom tune yet and just on the basemap but a tune will be in the future

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You will always run rich, there’s no fixing it unless you use a standalone ECU. But to waste that type of money just to run a BOV is kinda extreme lol. These civics run a By pass valve meaning it reroutes the excess boost into the intake for it to be eventually used. By removing that and having boost vent to atmosphere (what a BOV does) then the ECU doesn’t know that the excess boost was vented into the atmosphere. It still thinks that air is in the system of the car so it tells the injectors to throw the proper fuel mix needed for the air that was supposed to be there (but it’s not anymore since it vented out) making you run with more fuel than air. Because the stock ECU is always programmed to run with a by pass valve it will always be an issue. That’s why a stand-alone ECU, which is an aftermarket ECU, is needed because that can be programmed to know you are running a BOV set up and not a BPV set up anymore
You are telling me things I already know. I just want to see the logs. I didn't ask for a technical explanation. Although I appreciate that you would take the time to explain it to someone that doesn't know.

I just want him to post data logs showing us there isn't a problem and no issues as he claims...

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just want him to post data logs showing us there isn't a problem and no issues as he claims...
Lmao. What datalog would you want to see. I would only screen capture a graph and that's it. The tuner doesn't want his stuff stolen. Believe me or not..don't care really.

On a side note. The factory coupler...I had accidently given it away when I sold one of my aftermarket intakes...luckily the shop I was at had another one in stock while I waited for mine to arrive...just got it today. Thought it was neat that little clamp has a bolt type head on it allowing you to loosen or tighten it

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp IMG_20200524_112306

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey 02SilverSiHB, I don’t think anyone is really hating on what you’re doing. It’s true, none of us want to see you with a blown engine and that’s likely the key point.

While you did provide info in your various posts, at least in my 18+ years on various forums, whoever posts generally leaves out key information for whatever reason (didn’t know the info, assumed it was common sense, didn’t think it was too important to include at the time, etc)

So the questions start coming up. That, and it’s also a part of trying to decipher through all the garbage that does get sold to people as being truthful, like by that Aston Martin character. One guy says A. Second guy says B. Well where’s the truth? Inquisitive minds need to know! :D

I think it’s cool and crazy you’re pushing your engine to those limits. I’m looking forward to see how your story develops with the car- and I hope it is nothing but Positive because I bet a number of people would like to have that HKS BOV on their cars. Also, not everyone will always agree with what you do to your car, part of posting it up requires being able to handle the negative opinions. It’s the internet. A proverbial Wild West, lol!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
You are telling me things I already know. I just want to see the logs. I didn't ask for a technical explanation. Although I appreciate that you would take the time to explain it to someone that doesn't know.

If you already know, then you know the answer.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB maybe what @BlackCTR is trying say is that he just wants to see a datalog on normal driving and WOT on the street? I might be wrong
I'll do a datalog of both WOT and normal driving...and just post a few screen shots.

I can only do that because I had promised not to share the actual datalog itself per the turner's request. I'll go do one in a moment

By all means if something starts to go wrong I would post about instantly. I wouldn't ever try to hide something if it's not doing good...as I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through the same experience.

I was against the BOV, but found it used for cheap and wanted to get my own perspective of it.

FaDz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 200sx sev6; 2018 civic type-r
Country flag
I'll do a datalog of both WOT and normal driving...and just post a few screen shots.

I can only do that because I had promised not to share the actual datalog itself per the turner's request. I'll go do one in a moment

By all means if something starts to go wrong I would post about instantly. I wouldn't ever try to hide something if it's not doing good...as I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through the same experience.

I was against the BOV, but found it used for cheap and wanted to get my own perspective of it.
lmk how it goes cuz i think ppl want to see the AFR between shifts. I have the honda hack on my screen and notice that my afr is in the 12’s on WOT normal driving inbetween shifts it would dip to 13’s but i havent done a datalog
Sponsored