First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About 6 months ago I thought my tune of about 347whp was good enough...but then I added hks intercooler and pipes and the intake...fast forward to now and Kineticautoworks tuned me at 383hp and 398tq. Or should I say 404tq lol...just saw the 2nd graph. Tuner is amazing!

Mods that matter...sort of lol
Flashpro
HKS intake
HKS Intercooler and pipes
HKS Legamax
RV6 downpipe and front pipe

Yes I'm running the HKS bov...have for a month. No issues so far.

Check out my vid below how the HKS intake is untuned lol. Hard to hear with background traffic but sounded like it was running modded cams...thanks to kineticautoworks for tuning that out.

Here's before the tune when they were pulling it in

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp received_297583404735547

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp received_176972920330012

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp YIAC0096

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp Screenshot_20200521-220740

Last edited:

AnotherFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 C.W '18
Country flag
Loving the setup man. Was there a reason why you went for the HKS intake specifically? Or were you just going for all out HKS?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Nice!
Do you have any video of the dyno pulls?

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '12 Toyota Tundra, '98 Civic LX
Country flag
Nice numbers/dyno chart! Do you track your CTR?

I want to tune mine but worried about how much faster engine would overheat while running HPDE events. I'm sure I'll eventually do it anyway because I want to try out Hondata's traction control and the temptation to tune would be too high.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice numbers/dyno chart! Do you track your CTR?

I want to tune mine but worried about how much faster engine would overheat while running HPDE events. I'm sure I'll eventually do it anyway because I want to try out Hondata's traction control and the temptation to tune would be too high.
I wouldn't go above 350 for tracking imo...but no..I'm not close to a track where I'm at

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice!
Do you have any video of the dyno pulls?
Oh as for why I don't have a vid of the pull...it's just due to MD laws and this COVID. So I can't chill inside while they record. Sometimes the owner will make vids...but as for sound probably sounds the same over all inside the shop :D as far as sound like any other fk8 in there. They have a bunch of vids on their Instagram:
https://instagram.com/kineticautoworks?igshid=atbqgy3ejima

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
About 6 months ago I thought my tune of about 347whp was good enough...but then I added hks intercooler and pipes and the intake...fast forward to now and Kineticautoworks tuned me at 383hp and 398tq.

Mods that matter...sort of lol
Flashpro
HKS intake
HKS Intercooler and pipes
HKS Legamax
RV6 downpipe and front pipe

Yes I'm running the HKS bov...have for a month. No issues so far.

Check out my vid below how the HKS intake is untuned lol. Hard to hear with background traffic but sounded like it was running modded cams...thanks to kineticautoworks for tuning that out.

Here's before the tune when they were pulling it in

received_297583404735547.jpeg

received_176972920330012.jpeg

YIAC0096.jpg
Loving the results and setup. Appreciate the Dyno sheets bro.

Can you post logs from your tuner? There is so much debate on the BOV because it's a MAF car. You say no issues. But we would like to see logs to back up that claim. Not saying your wrong or anything. Just would be nice for someone that makes that claim to back it up with logs so we can see if it runs a tad rich between shifts or when letting off the throttle.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Loving the results and setup. Appreciate the Dyno sheets bro.

Can you post logs from your tuner? There is so much debate on the BOV because it's a MAF car. You say no issues. But we would like to see logs to back up that claim. Not saying your wrong or anything. Just would be nice for someone that makes that claim to back it up with logs so we can see if it runs a tad rich between shifts or when letting off the throttle.
So my tuner doesn't want me to share datalogs. Apparently people can steal some of his tuning from that. Sorry

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh as for why I don't have a vid of the pull...it's just due to MD laws and this COVID. So I can't chill inside while they record. Sometimes the owner will make vids...but as for sound probably sounds the same over all inside the shop :D as far as sound like any other fk8 in there. They have a bunch of vids on their Instagram:
https://instagram.com/kineticautoworks?igshid=atbqgy3ejima
Do you know if it was tuned by sweep testing or steady-state? Your tuner should know this question. Is there a baseline dyno?

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know if it was tuned by sweep testing or steady-state? Your tuner should know this question. Is there a baseline dyno?
Just ask them those questions lol. I can link to here to see if they can fill you in.

I basically just go to them for tuning since I'm no good at that...they've tuned a lot of FK8s and other cars...so I trust them.
Sponsored