First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go...I'm sure someone will see something horribly wrong lol, but I haven't felt any issues.

1st one: WOT in 4th gear, losing traction (need better tires)

2nd one: Normal driving while in 6th

3rd one: Driving Normal

4th one: Cold start, coming out of garage leaving neighborhood

Again, sorry can't show other areas of the datalog...I figure A/F, Throttle pedal, etc aren't revealing for my tuner

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp WOT_LoseTraction

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp normal6gear

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp Drivingnormal

Honda Civic 10th gen Tuned after adding HKS intake, intercooler and pipes 404tq 383hp coldstartnormaldrivin

Last edited:

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just a word of advice, I wouldn’t go wot in 6th gear

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
It’s not the speed, it’s the load it places on engine. Like I said just advice
Any WOT is going to put load on the motor. At 111 he's at nearly 4400 RPM using this calculator, he's definitely not lugging the motor here. Sure, he probably could be in 5th gear doing this pull (111 MPH is at the top of 4th gear) for optimal acceleration.

I'm curious though, would one expect the AFT to be richer in 5th gear or 6th? Due a higher load (you're right about it being a higher load) I'd expect the ECU to run richer in 6th (vs 5th) due to the added load and the ECU possibly trying to use fuel's cooling effect. He might simply be showing a slight worse case scenario.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any WOT is going to put load on the motor. At 111 he's at nearly 4400 RPM using this calculator, he's definitely not lugging the motor here. Sure, he probably could be in 5th gear doing this pull (111 MPH is at the top of 4th gear) for optimal acceleration.

I'm curious though, would one expect the AFT to be richer in 5th gear or 6th? Due a higher load (you're right about it being a higher load) I'd expect the ECU to run richer in 6th (vs 5th) due to the added load and the ECU possibly trying to use fuel's cooling effect. He might simply be showing a slight worse case scenario.

His first picture shows he is going 111 MPH in 4th gear at 6784 RPM. I don't see a 6th gear WOT pull, as someone said he should not do this because it will put much more load on the engine. 6th gear is an over drive gear

The 6th gear that he shows is only at 2100 RPM and I think he would be better suited for 5th gear there Even 4th...

To be perfectly honest, all his pictures (except the first one) show me really low RPMs in higher gears which is bad for the engine.

The OP is correct that these screenshots will not show anything that his tuner should be concerned about.

I personally would be concerned with the large spikes in AFR... that seems abnormal to me. I will need to check mine out, but under constant pedal I am pretty sure my AFR stays rather flat.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
His first picture shows he is going 111 MPH in 4th gear at 6784 RPM. I don't see a 6th gear WOT pull, as someone said he should not do this because it will put much more load on the engine. 6th gear is an over drive gear

The 6th gear that he shows is only at 2100 RPM and I think he would be better suited for 5th gear there Even 4th...

To be perfectly honest, all his pictures (except the first one) show me really low RPMs in higher gears which is bad for the engine.

The OP is correct that these screenshots will not show anything that his tuner should be concerned about.

I personally would be concerned with the large spikes in AFR... that seems abnormal to me. I will need to check mine out, but under constant pedal I am pretty sure my AFR stays rather flat.
Oh wow, I didn't catch that the first plot was 4th gear (he stated it was 6th in text). I guess disregard just about everything I said about that.

He states that the second picture is "normal driving" in 6th gear. At 52MPH (~2000 RPM), I normally will cruise in 6th gear to maintain speed. He doesn't say that he's doing WOT in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th picture. If he's just maintaining speed, I feel that should be fine in 6th gear. I could be wrong though.

The 3rd and 4th images show a time frame of 1-3 minutes, so the spikes and all that seem fine as he'd be going about different gears and different speeds, etc. If he's just cruising, the higher gear is fine, and he does say he's driving normally. The 3rd is from a warm start while the 4th is from a cold start.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on the interstate in 6th gear going 52...this is strange to you guys? Lol wth. l did some normal driving as requested. Figures I'd get smashed by people for not driving as they'd like lol...my God

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm on the interstate in 6th gear going 52...this is strange to you guys? Lol wth. l did some normal driving as requested. Figures I'd get smashed by people for not driving as they'd like lol...my God
I normally cruise 40+ in 6th gear if I'm just maintaining speed. Obviously if I need to accelerate I drop a couple and do that. 30 MPH is normally in 5th gear, 20-25 in 4th. I'm rarely cruising/maintaining lower than that. So I'm like you, 50 MPH and I'm cruising in 6th gear.

Edit: I do know that some people try to keep the RPMs a little higher, even when cruising. Depends on the driver I guess. When I first got the car I typically was cruising > 2000 RPM since I wanted to take advantage of the rev matching, then I learned it'll rev match block shifts...

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I normally cruise 40+ in 6th gear if I'm just maintaining speed. Obviously if I need to accelerate I drop a couple and do that. 30 MPH is normally in 5th gear, 20-25 in 4th. I'm rarely cruising/maintaining lower than that. So I'm like you, 50 MPH and I'm cruising in 6th gear.
Yeah lol same here.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i guess it makes sense your tuner doesn't want his work "stolen" since i would probably be able to figure out what he did just by looking at logs since there is so little parameters you adjust compared to like an older I-VTEC K series.

but that kinda sucks. I would've love to see some logs as you probably know lol.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I am not smashing you at all..... I apologize if it came across that way.

I thought it was common to keep the RPM around 2500-3000

I mean.... Idle is 800 RPM give or take (Usually I idle at 784 ish RPM) I know I had a 2014 Si and it hated being around 2k RPM.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i guess it makes sense your tuner doesn't want his work "stolen" since i would probably be able to figure out what he did just by looking at logs since there is so little parameters you adjust compared to like an older I-VTEC K series.

but that kinda sucks. I would've love to see some logs as you probably know lol.
Yeah it sucks...not like it used to be lol. Guess it has to be that way so they don't lose money.
I am not smashing you at all..... I apologize if it came across that way.

I thought it was common to keep the RPM around 2500-3000

I mean.... Idle is 800 RPM give or take (Usually I idle at 784 ish RPM) I know I had a 2014 Si and it hated being around 2k RPM.
Ah sorry just seemed like I got slack for anything I posted lol

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
Damn good numbers. Nice work!
Sponsored