First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are really great numbers! Love the setup!

As far as the BOV goes, this was posted on on of the FB pages. I have no affiliation with this gentleman, but the power number difference with and without the BOV is quite substantial. If in fact nothing changed but removing the BOV than the results should speak for themselves.

Screenshot_20200522-101611.png
Bet you he gained that after tuning. You really think you'll see me at 430whp. Lmao. The tuners here have seen consistent power with fk8s with or without the bov.

That's all I'll say...people will constantly come up their own idea of it

CanadianFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Bet you he gained that after tuning. You really think you'll see me at 430whp. Lmao. The tuners here have seen consistent power with fk8s with or without the bov.

That's all I'll say...people will constantly come up their own idea of it
Oh, no I get ya, I find it hard to believe myself to be honest that those numbers changed that drastically from just a BOV. I just happend to see it posted. take it for what its worth I guess.. If it is genuinely accurate in his situation, that's interesting for sure.. ... who knows :dunno:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Many factors go into those numbers, Hardly believe that it would be robbing or not robbing that much power. Maybe it was incorrectly installed or something was wrong with that specific BOV, but to each its own and what works for one may not always work for the next guy!

Honestly at end of the day , if you are happy with your results, how car looks, sounds and performs who gives 2 shits about what others feel and think of it. Enough information out there to have your own content personal build .

Cheers all and enjoy your rides !! Happy Memorial Weekend ?

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
Congrats on the numbers man! And for what its worth the numbers look pretty good on the graph. As long as the fuel duty also is healthy and the AFRs are solid, your good. Oh and nerf 1st and 2nd a tiny bit to be on the safe side.

There are a few Type Rs over 500whp and 400tq that don't advertise on forums.... all to my knowledge are stock blocks.

Just change your oil more regularly than normal (every 2k or every 3months) and add a magnet to the oil plug for added insurance.

And finally avoid money shifts.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Are you running with increased throttle sensitivity or standard throttle mapping? Just curious.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the numbers man! And for what its worth the numbers look pretty good on the graph. As long as the fuel duty also is healthy and the AFRs are solid, your good. Oh and nerf 1st and 2nd a tiny bit to be on the safe side.

There are a few Type Rs over 500whp and 400tq that don't advertise on forums.... all to my knowledge are stock blocks.

Just change your oil more regularly than normal (every 2k or every 3months) and add a magnet to the oil plug for added insurance.

And finally avoid money shifts.
hahha, yeah, definitely man. I plan to change the oil much sooner than I was before

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you running with increased throttle sensitivity or standard throttle mapping? Just curious.
it feels like increased throttle sensitivity to me...but I can't say for sure, I'm sorry. Tuners have to keep their secrets more these days lol.

I drove around like a mad man today...man, it drives so good. I took datalogs and A/F is great at WOT.
As for the A/F when driving normal and giving it enough to make the BOV sound off, it doesn't look any different from when I saw datalogs prior to that....but I'll keep an eye and check ever couple of weeks...like I said, only a month now with the BOV.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About 6 months ago I thought my tune of about 347whp was good enough...but then I added hks intercooler and pipes and the intake...fast forward to now and Kineticautoworks tuned me at 383hp and 398tq. Or should I say 404tq lol...just saw the 2nd graph. Tuner is amazing!

Mods that matter...sort of lol
Flashpro
HKS intake
HKS Intercooler and pipes
HKS Legamax
RV6 downpipe and front pipe

Yes I'm running the HKS bov...have for a month. No issues so far.

Check out my vid below how the HKS intake is untuned lol. Hard to hear with background traffic but sounded like it was running modded cams...thanks to kineticautoworks for tuning that out.

Here's before the tune when they were pulling it in

received_297583404735547.jpeg

received_176972920330012.jpeg

YIAC0096.jpg

Screenshot_20200521-220740.png

Be super cautious man..... I baselined at 345/309

My tuner did a few things and on my second pull I was at 373/409 He saw the torque and said "Yeah we need to turn your torque down"

I ended at 382/384

From what I have *heard* without fuel upgrades and stock internals we really should keep our torque around 380/390 or it can bend a rod....

I wish you the best and I hope this is 100% ok.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it feels like increased throttle sensitivity to me...but I can't say for sure, I'm sorry. Tuners have to keep their secrets more these days lol.

I drove around like a mad man today...man, it drives so good. I took datalogs and A/F is great at WOT.
As for the A/F when driving normal and giving it enough to make the BOV sound off, it doesn't look any different from when I saw datalogs prior to that....but I'll keep an eye and check ever couple of weeks...like I said, only a month now with the BOV.

What is your AF ratio at WOT?

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hope it’s low 12’s
Curious. By your question/comment..do you think they'd be stupid and tune it dangerously?

I'm not sure what's up with people on this site with these comments, lead on question, etc.

The place I went to has been doing this for a while. Did you think a tuner near you was the one and only and any other couldn't possibly know how to tune?

Just blows my mind...I left most of the Facebook groups because of stuff like this...looks like I need to venture off else where lol...

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious. By your question/comment..do you think they'd be stupid and tune it dangerously?

I'm not sure what's up with people on this site with these comments, lead on question, etc.

The place I went to has been doing this for a while. Did you think a tuner near you was the one and only and any other couldn't possibly know how to tune?

Just blows my mind...I left most of the Facebook groups because of stuff like this...looks like I need to venture off else where lol...

Everyone is just looking out for your cars safety. That is all. :)

From what I've seen, no one called out your tuner, we are just checking where everything is at. MY AFR is around 11.9 at WOT
Sponsored